Hotkey without loop?

MyEarth

Someone know if there is a way to set a single hotkey (like CTRL+1) to start a software without have the script always running?

Hotkeyset() need a loop, the Windows shortcut combination is bugged, maybe some hook procedure to set the key (it work until reboot obv). If it's possible please share an example.

Many thanks

Edited by MyEarth

Right click on an application, select properties, add a shortcut key under the shortcut tab...must be Ctrl+Alt+#{something}...not really autoit related

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Did you read my post?

...Windows shortcut combination is bugged...

Sometime work but not always, if you reboot probaly lost the hotkey, you can't change it until reboot or killing explorer and many other issue, search on google and you'll find people with the same problems.

So i want to use autoit for the same purpose but without the malus of windows original function

Edited by MyEarth

Then I'm going with: no.  Mabye google how to reset the windows process, without resetting your comp.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

There are autoit wrapped DLL calls to do what windows does...maybe you can reset the hotkeys when they stop working...must unregister, then register, per MSDN:

_WinAPI_UnregisterHotKey
_WinAPI_RegisterHotKey

I think these are part of the _WinAPI addon, which needs to be downloaded from example scripts

Yeap, WinAPIEx.au3...

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _WinAPI_UnregisterHotKey
; Description....: Frees a hot key previously registered by the calling thread.
; Syntax.........: _WinAPI_UnregisterHotKey ( $hWnd, $ID )
; Parameters.....: $hWnd   - Handle to the window associated with the hot key to be freed. This parameter should be 0 if the
;                            hot key is not associated with a window.
;                  $ID     - Specifies the identifier of the hot key to be freed.
; Return values..: Success - 1.
;                  Failure - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
; Author.........: Yashied
; Modified.......:
; Remarks........: None
; Related........:
; Link...........: @@MsdnLink@@ UnregisterHotKey
; Example........: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func _WinAPI_UnregisterHotKey($hWnd, $ID)

Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'UnregisterHotKey', 'hwnd', $hWnd, 'int', $ID)

If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_UnregisterHotKey

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _WinAPI_RegisterHotKey
; Description....: Defines a system-wide hot key.
; Syntax.........: _WinAPI_RegisterHotKey ( $hWnd, $ID, $iModifiers, $vKey )
; Parameters.....: $hWnd       - Handle to the window that will receive WM_HOTKEY messages generated by the hot key. If this parameter
;                                is 0, WM_HOTKEY messages are posted to the message queue of the calling thread and must be processed in
;                                the message loop.
;                  $ID         - Specifies the identifier of the hot key. An application must specify an id value in the range
;                                0x0000 through 0xBFFF.
;                  $iModifiers - Specifies keys that must be pressed in combination with the key specified by the $vKey parameter
;                                in order to generate the WM_HOTKEY message. The $iModifiers parameter can be a combination of the
;                                following values.
;
;                                $MOD_ALT
;                                $MOD_CONTROL
;                                $MOD_SHIFT
;                                $MOD_WIN
;
;                                Windows 7 or later
;
;                                $MOD_NOREPEAT
;
;                  $vKey       - Specifies the virtual-key code of the hot key ($VK_*).
; Return values..: Success     - 1.
;                  Failure     - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
; Author.........: Yashied
; Modified.......:
; Remarks........: When a key is pressed, the system looks for a match against all hot keys. Upon finding a match, the system posts
;                  the WM_HOTKEY message to the message queue of the window with which the hot key is associated. If the hot key is
;                  not associated with a window, then the WM_HOTKEY message is posted to the thread associated with the hot key.
;
;                  _WinAPI_RegisterHotKey() fails if the keystrokes specified for the hot key have already been registered by
;                  another hot key.
;
;                  In Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, if a hot key already exists with the same $hWnd and $ID parameters,
;                  it is replaced by the new hot key.
;
;                  In Windows Vista and subsequent versions of Windows, if a hot key already exists with the same $hWnd and $ID
;                  parameters, it is maintained along with the new hot key. In these versions of Windows, the application must
;                  explicitly call _WinAPI_UnregisterHotKey() to unregister the old hot key.
; Related........:
; Link...........: @@MsdnLink@@ RegisterHotKey
; Example........: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func _WinAPI_RegisterHotKey($hWnd, $ID, $iModifiers, $vKey)

Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterHotKey', 'hwnd', $hWnd, 'int', $ID, 'uint', $iModifiers, 'uint', $vKey)

Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_RegisterHotKey
Edited by jdelaney

I have try with no success:

Local $IPID = "", $iHandle = ""
Local Const $MOD_ALT = 0x0001
Local Const $MOD_CONTROL = 0x0002
Local Const $MOD_SHIFT = 0x0004
Local Const $MOD_WIN = 0x0008

$list = ProcessList("explorer.exe")
For $i = 1 To $list[0][0]
    $IPID = $list[$i][1]
    ConsoleWrite($list[$i][0] & ": " & $list[$i][1] & @CRLF)
Next

$iHandle = _GetHwndFromPID($IPID)
ConsoleWrite("HANDLE: " & $iHandle & @CRLF)

_WinAPI_RegisterHotKey($iHandle, 0x0000, $MOD_CONTROL, 0x31)
If @error then ConsoleWrite("ERROR: " & @error)

Func _WinAPI_RegisterHotKey($hWnd, $ID, $iModifiers, $vKey)
    Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterHotKey', 'hwnd', $hWnd, 'int', $ID, 'uint', $iModifiers, 'uint', $vKey)
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_RegisterHotKey

Func _GetHwndFromPID($PID)
    $hWnd = 0
    $winlist = WinList()
    Do
        For $i = 1 To $winlist[0][0]
            If $winlist[$i][0] <> "" Then
                $iPID2 = WinGetProcess($winlist[$i][1])
                If $iPID2 = $PID Then
                    $hWnd = $winlist[$i][1]
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            EndIf
        Next
    Until $hWnd <> 0
    Return $hWnd
EndFunc   ;==>_GetHwndFromPID

Search for Yashied's HotKey UDF.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks for suggestion but as you can see in the example always require the script running:

#Include <HotKey.au3>

Global Const $VK_ESCAPE = 0x1B
Global Const $VK_F12 = 0x7B

; Assign "F12" with Message() and set extended function call
_HotKey_Assign($VK_F12, 'Message', BitOR($HK_FLAG_DEFAULT, $HK_FLAG_EXTENDEDCALL))

; Assign "CTRL-ESC" with Quit()
_HotKey_Assign(BitOR($CK_CONTROL, $VK_ESCAPE), 'Quit')

While 1 ; <<<< HERE
    Sleep(10) ; <<<< HERE
WEnd ; <<<< HERE

Func Message($iKey)
    MsgBox(0, 'Hot key Test Message', 'F12 (0x' & Hex($iKey, 4) & ') has been pressed!')
EndFunc   ;==>Message

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Quit

If i have misunderstood and if possible to use the UDF for register the Hotkey without have the script running tell me