Detecting Windows Shutdown

Maffe811

After a quick search, this showed up:
'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

and one of the comments suggested this:

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_QUERYENDSESSION, "Cancel_Shutdown")
GUICreate("PreventShutdownGUI")
GUISetSTate(@SW_HIDE)

; set highest notification level
If Not _SetProcessShutdownParameters(0xFFF) Then ; MSDN says maximum is 0x4FF, but it worked for me
    If Not _SetProcessShutdownParameters(0x4FF) Then ; MSDN says this is reserved for System, but worked for me
        _SetProcessShutdownParameters(0x3FF) ; highest not reserved number, if everything else does not work
    EndIf
EndIf

Global $b_ShutdownInitiated = False

While 1
    If $b_ShutdownInitiated = True then
        $b_ShutdownInitiated = False
        MsgBox(48 + 8192 + 262144, "Installer", "Ending your user session has been disabled to allow the installation to complete." _
        & @CRLF & @CRLF & "You will be able to shutdown/reboot/logoff once the installation process has completed." , 8)
    EndIf
    sleep(10)
WEnd

Func Cancel_Shutdown($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $WParam, $LParam)
    $b_ShutdownInitiated = True
    ; DO NOT ADD A MSGBOX HERE
    ; Windows shows a not responding box after ~5 secs and allows to kill your app.
    Return False
EndFunc

Func _SetProcessShutdownParameters($dwLevel, $dwFlags=0)
    ; <a href='http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686227%28VS.85%29.aspx' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686227%28VS.85%29.aspx</a>
    ; Prog@ndy
    Local $aResult = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "SetProcessShutdownParameters", "dword", $dwLevel, "dword", $dwFlags)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1,0,0)
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc

And not 100% sure what everything does, but i can't even test it because this comes up:

WARNING: $WM_QUERYENDSESSION: possibly used before declaration.
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_QUERYENDSESSION,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

and i don't know what i need to do to fix it.

Any suggestions?

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

• Moderators

Maffe811,

The WM_ suggests it is a "Windows Message" - and that is indeed where you find it. Just include WindowsConstants.au3. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Aaah... That makes sence!

Thanks!

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

Can anyone explain me how to get, lets say a message box to pop up when the computer is shuttingdown/logging off ?
Cause i've tried making it work, but nothing makes it work.

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_QUERYENDSESSION, "Cancel_Shutdown")
GUICreate("PreventShutdownGUI")
GUISetSTate(@SW_HIDE)

; set highest notification level
If Not _SetProcessShutdownParameters(0xFFF) Then ; MSDN says maximum is 0x4FF, but it worked for me
    If Not _SetProcessShutdownParameters(0x4FF) Then ; MSDN says this is reserved for System, but worked for me
        _SetProcessShutdownParameters(0x3FF) ; highest not reserved number, if everything else does not work
    EndIf
EndIf

Global $b_ShutdownInitiated = False

While 1
    If $b_ShutdownInitiated = True then
        $b_ShutdownInitiated = False
        MsgBox(48 + 8192 + 262144, "Installer", "Ending your user session has been disabled to allow the installation to complete." _
        & @CRLF & @CRLF & "You will be able to shutdown/reboot/logoff once the installation process has completed." , 8)
    EndIf
    sleep(10)
WEnd

Func Cancel_Shutdown($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $WParam, $LParam)
    $b_ShutdownInitiated = True
    ; DO NOT ADD A MSGBOX HERE
    ; Windows shows a not responding box after ~5 secs and allows to kill your app.
    Return False
EndFunc

Func _SetProcessShutdownParameters($dwLevel, $dwFlags=0)
    ; <a href='http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686227%28VS.85%29.aspx' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686227%28VS.85%29.aspx</a>
    ; Prog@ndy
    Local $aResult = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "SetProcessShutdownParameters", "dword", $dwLevel, "dword", $dwFlags)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1,0,0)
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc

Thank you! Exactly what i needed!