GUI def as include ?

Myicq

What strategies are best for complicated GUI definitions, if any, to make all more readable.

I tried yesterday to do something like

#include "complicated_gui_setup.au3"

to avoid having 200 extra lines in my script.

But now I could not compile my script because of warnings "used before declaration".  I can possibly use -w 3 parameter, but doesn't that disable syntax check completely ?

I guess what I try to achieve is something like @import url("file.css") where the file is inserted at compile time.

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.

What strategies are best for complicated GUI definitions, if any, to make all more readable.

Use Region/EndRegion to tidy up your large scripts

The way I understand it, Includes are typically only for Functions and not for GUI's.

• Moderators

Myicq,

Firstly, you can #include files at any point within the script - all AutoIt does is to add the code at that point. Most includes are designed to be at the start of the script, but yours sounds like an obvious exception. :)

However, I would not recommend doing this as you would have 2 scripts to maintain - change a variable name in one and the other will cease to function. If you use the #Region...#Endregion directives that are available with the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package then you can fold your 200 lines of code into a single one within SciTE - which gives you the same visual result but not the inter-file dependency. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area