Please help on time automation

niyaz

Look in the help file for the macros @HOUR, @MIN. Also, look at the If statement in there.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Global $fClose = False ; Global variable to indicate close HotKey press
HotKeySet("!{ESC}", "_Exit") ; ALT+ESC

While 1
    If $fClose Then ExitLoop
    If @MIN = 25 And @SEC = 0 Then ; @MIN will only be = 25 every hour
        Run("notepad.exe")
        ; Do other stuff here
    EndIf
    Sleep(10) ; Avoid high CPU usage
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    $fClose = True
EndFunc

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

While 1
    If $fClose Then ExitLoop
        Run("notepad.exe")
        ; Do other stuff here
    EndIf
WEnd

But won't this start Notepad more than 100 times at "xx:25:00" ?

A-Jay

Rule #1: Always do a backup         Rule #2: Always do a backup (backup of rule #1)

@SEC is 0 only every minute and @MIN is 25 only hour.

I don't see a problem.

Did you run it?

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

@SEC is 0 only every minute and @MIN is 25 only hour.

I don't see a problem.

Did you run it?

Opps... yes, now I see.

My mistake, must have been blind. Sorry ;-)

A-Jay

Edited by ajag

Rule #1: Always do a backup         Rule #2: Always do a backup (backup of rule #1)

• Moderators

niyaz, please also note that (your experience in this thread notwithstanding), we do not make a habit of spoon feeding code to people. This forum is for those who would like assistance with their own scripts, rather than simply asking someone to do it for them. In the future if you have questions we are happy to help, but please be prepared to show us some of the effort you've already put into it. ;)

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Hi, ajag. My apologies, I mean niyaz but was looking at your name. I have edited my post :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

This will run the script multiple times, since the loop is not sleeping for 1 second.

Global $fClose = False ; Global variable to indicate close HotKey press
HotKeySet("!{ESC}", "_Exit") ; ALT+ESC

While 1
    If $fClose Then ExitLoop
        Run("notepad.exe")
        ; Do other stuff here
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    $fClose = True
EndFunc

corrected:

While 1
    If $fClose Then ExitLoop
        Run("notepad.exe")
        Sleep(1000)
        ; Do other stuff here
    EndIf
WEnd

Would still look into task scheduler for this...no point having a script running to only be used so infrequently

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

jdelaney,

I missed that, thanks for fixing it. :)

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

@tabhooked