Delphi Components

Guest ElementCZ

Guest ElementCZ

Hi,

I'm trying to make automatic install (currently VNC) of program that uses some Delphi components. Most of them are visible so I have no problem (TButton, TEdit etc.) but there is few of them I'm not able to detect their controlID - like TNewCheckListBox (looks like normal bunch of TCheckBoxes) . Is there some way how to find out what components are "hidden" inside such component so I can use ControlSend or ControlClick with them ?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Any news on this?

I too am having the same problem trying to automate the install of a program. Not sure if it uses Delphi or not, it's not a program we've written!

One of the dialogs during the setup has 2 checkboxes, and I want to un-check the first one.

Using AutoIt Window Info tool, the info I get from "Control Under Mouse" is a Control ID (that changes every time) and a ClassNameNN of "TNewCheckListBox1"

TNewCheckListBox1 actually appears to be for a box surrounding the two checkboxes (see attached image)

Things I have tried:

ControlCommand("Setup - TreeSize Free","Completing the TreeSize Free Setup Wizard","TNewCheckListBox1","UnCheck", "")

ControlCommand("Setup - TreeSize Free","Completing the TreeSize Free Setup Wizard","Launch TreeSize","UnCheck", "")

I've also tried using the ControlID but this changes every time the setup.exe is run!

Any ideas how to use ControlCommand with these?

Or will it be best to try to use a MouseClick? Think I'll try that!

Cheers

Mike

• Moderators

Any news on this?

I too am having the same problem trying to automate the install of a program. Not sure if it uses Delphi or not, it's not a program we've written!

One of the dialogs during the setup has 2 checkboxes, and I want to un-check the first one.

Using AutoIt Window Info tool, the info I get from "Control Under Mouse" is a Control ID (that changes every time) and a ClassNameNN of "TNewCheckListBox1"

TNewCheckListBox1 actually appears to be for a box surrounding the two checkboxes (see attached image)

Things I have tried:

ControlCommand("Setup - TreeSize Free","Completing the TreeSize Free Setup Wizard","TNewCheckListBox1","UnCheck", "")

ControlCommand("Setup - TreeSize Free","Completing the TreeSize Free Setup Wizard","Launch TreeSize","UnCheck", "")

I've also tried using the ControlID but this changes every time the setup.exe is run!

Any ideas how to use ControlCommand with these?

Or will it be best to try to use a MouseClick? Think I'll try that!

Cheers

Mike

If you know the Coords, you could try 'ClickInControl' by Larry so it still seems like a ControlClick(): http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...526entry37526

P.S. - Don't forget your Opt('MouseCoordMode', 0-1-or2).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.