Use 64-Bit-Version of Internet Explorer

squirrel

Hi everybody,

I am using _IECreate to start the IE and open a page.

Although I am starting the AutoIt-Script via "Run script (x64)" it always opens the 32-bit-version of Internet Explorer.

Is there any way to tell AutoIt to explicitly start the 64-bit-edition of IE?

Thanks,

Chris

Have it specify the correct EXE... 

if you are using Win64 bit, then IE 64 bit is here

C:Program FilesInternet Explorer

if you are using Win64 bit, then IE 32 bit is here

C:Program Files (x86)Internet Explorer

Also you can check the running process to see if iexplore.exe  vs. iexplore.exe*32 is running

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, the line that opens IE is:

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe " & $s_Temp)

@programfiles = whats specified as your %ProgramFiles% value in windows.

open up a CMD window and type Set ProgramFiles

you should get something like this:

ProgramFiles=C:Program Files

ProgramFiles(x86)=C:Program Files (x86)

So the line :
Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe " & $s_Temp)

is calling

C:Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.exe

While this isnt a fix, it should show you why its happening.

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thank you very much, Wayfarer! I understand you completely and I tried every possible way... I cannot get it to work:

(1.) If I check the running processes, I have NO instance of IE running before I start my AutoIt script. After starting the script TWO instances of IE open up, ALWAYS (one iexplore.exe and one iexplore.exe *32). Unfortunately, while the AutoIt-scripts starts working, the 32-bit-version of IE increases in memory size (not the 64-bit version... :-( ) I have no idea why there are two instances...? Tried it on two different windows 7 64 bit machines.

(2.) If I modify the IE.au3 manually, and change the dynamic path to the absolute path (to the 64-bit-version of IE), nothing changes and the reaction is as stated in (1.)

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by squirrel

Why do you need the 64 bit version of IE to run? That might be the more important question. Is there something that you're doing that absolutely requires x64 IE? Most of the time when you run IE in Windows, even x64 Windows, you start the 32 bit version of IE.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator