AutoIt 3.3.10.0 without default icon, and pragma features

FreeBeing

Hi,

I test new AutoIt 3.3.10.0 : first of all, thank you for that new version and features included inside.

It seems when we compile a script, now there is not any default icon : is it the new default setting ?

For now, into AutoIt.chm::/html/intro/compiler.htm I see :

/icon <iconfile.ico> Specifies the path and file name of the icon to use for the compiled file. The AutoIt icon

So, maybe it's an AutoIt bug, or help is not up to date ?

In fact, it's not a real problem, because I can change reg keys to include an icon by default when I compile.

Also, I discovered your new #pragma features, that includes the ability to include a specific icon for a script, and it works perfectly.

Please, can you add precisions about I have said ?

Thank you ;)

This is not a bug and I don't know where it says in the help file of v3.3.8.1 that the compiled script would use the default A icon. If you can point me to that topic then I can fix it, otherwise it doesn't need to be added as it was never documented in the first place.

You can use the pragma directive #pragma compile(Icon, ICONPATH) to specify the path. Note, there are many icons located in the C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Icons folder.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

With 3.3.8.1 there was a default icon used, but with 3.3.10.0 not.

And into the help of the new 3.3.10.0 you can see that :

AutoIt --> Using AutoIt --> Compiling Scripts

Into "Method 3 - The Command Line" I see :

/icon <iconfile.ico> Specifies the path and file name of the icon to use for the compiled file. The AutoIt icon

And thank you for that #pragma directive, as I said, that new feature works perfectly ;)

OK, that will be fixed in the future.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

To clarify,

It was decide during beta that the icon setting is user responsability, no more a default one included during compilation.

So it is needed to use the  #pragma to have a user defined icon included.

Jpm

I have installed Avast 2014 into a VM :

- When I choose to compile a script for x64 : no problem

- When I choose x86 : the compilation process is stopped and Avast said "it's Win32:Evo-gen"

So, I have sent a false positive report for that program (Aut2Exe generator) :

C:UsersMaximeAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2Exeaut9BA4.exe

Also, It seems there is an AutoIt bug :

Into "C:UsersMaximeAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2Exe" folder, many .tmp files are not deleted by AutoIt, even with a computer without Antivirus.

Each new compilation create another .tmp file ; so now I have a lot of "0 byte" files...

Hi FreeBeing.

To bypass error while compiling with AV installed, do this :

Step 1 : Add following exclusion in 'Antivirus' or 'Active Protection' in Avast :

• *Aut2Exe* <= Allow exclusion of temporary files used while normal compiling.
    *~AU3* <= Allow exclusion of temporary files used while compiling with options (Scite4AutoIt Wrapper).
    *Compiling* <= Allow exclusion of this particular directory (a compiling dir that never be scanned by AV).

Step 2 : Allays compile scrit in a dir nammed 'Compiling' (directory added before in exclusions).

For the temp files in Aut2Exe dir, the problem was already indicated here : '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Have a nice day.

Edited by Tlem

Best Regards.Thierry

To clarify,

It was decide during beta that the icon setting is user responsability, no more a default one included during compilation.

So it is needed to use the  #pragma to have a user defined icon included.

Jpm

It would be nice to have possibility to set default compile icon by some option/registry setup to mimic previous versions behaviour.

Why would you get rid of free advertising?

The US Army ships roughly 250,000 Golden Masters of Operating Systems to be used in controlled environments.  Each one of these discs is littered with Autoit Scripts (installers, configs and ini parsers), some have been switched over to Army "A", but many still bear the default Autoit3 icon.

It is how I, and many others in that community learned of Autoit.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Hi.

All seems ok for the temp files with this new 3.3.10.1.

Thank you very much Jon.

About the Icon, like said Zedna, it will be a nice idea if we can have the possibility to set default compile icon and compiler informations to see in properties but without using script directive.

Juste one idea : A config file in Aut2exe directory with options to set (Aut2exe.cfg), and priority to script directives. ;)

By default the cfg file will be empty, like this no icon and no compiler information. ^^

For the most part of between us, it will allow the personalization of the default compilation.

I know that it is not so difficult that to add some lines of directives, but it would be a very good option for all of us.

Have a nice day

Best Regards.Thierry

• 5 months later...