Refresh Text Box...

Ixel

Greetings to all. I just joined the forum and have found it to be a great resource, as is the AutoIt program itself. I'm stilll coming out of the troglodyte years from using AutoIt 2.64 and trying to adjust to the language of 3.0.

I've been pouring over the help file in AutoIt trying to figure out (if possible) I could take the text that appears in a CMD window and get it transferred to a msgbox/splashtexton. I've read a post made recently how this was done for a title of a window; however, this really doesn't suit me as the text is dynamic and a little bit too long to stuff in a title. Is this possible? My aim is to run a commandline program that connects to a network and athenticates the user with user typing in username and password--all through a GUI. I'm not a programmer (nor a good script writer), so go easy on me. :whistle:

Ixel

Greetings to all.  I just joined the forum and have found it to be a great resource, as is the AutoIt program itself.  I'm stilll coming out of the troglodyte years from using AutoIt 2.64 and trying to adjust to the language of 3.0.

I've been pouring over the help file in AutoIt trying to figure out (if possible) I could take the text that appears in a CMD window and get it transferred to a msgbox/splashtexton.  I've read a post made recently how this was done for a title of a window; however, this really doesn't suit me as the text is dynamic and a little bit too long to stuff in a title.  Is this possible?  My aim is to run a commandline program that connects to a network and athenticates the user with user typing in username and password--all through a GUI.  I'm not a programmer (nor a good script writer), so go easy on me.  :whistle:

Ixel

take a look at AutoIt V2 to V3 converter it can help your move

@jpm

The converter is a helpful utility to help understand the changes from 2.64 to 3.0. Thanks for giving me some advice to help me with my transition. Any ideas on how to do what I want stated in the first post?

Ixel

Edited by Ixel

@jpm

The converter is a helpful utility to help understand the changes from 2.64 to 3.0.  Thanks for giving me some advice to help me with my transition.  Any ideas on how to do what I want stated in the first post?

Ixel

If AutoIt Spy is showing you the text, no problem WinGetText will do it.

If it is coming only with a cmdline perhaps a redirection of the output to a file and reading the file with FileReadLine will do it.

I hope that help

Let me add some more details. I made a plugin for Windows PE/Bart PE that allows the Cisco VPN client to connect; however, the client cannot connect through the GUI (gives an error) but can connect running a commandline utility included with the client. Here is the command structure:

vpnclient connect <profilename> cliauth

I was attempting to use a Do...Until loop statement having the script pipe the text from the CMD window into a file, using run to open the text file, set a variable equal to wingettext to grab the text of open text file, do a splashtexton using text that is in variable and then close the text file until said variable equals specified string. This did not work. I actually used the ping command to test it with and the only thing the splashscreen showed was the first line of text in the text file. Tested this in Windows XP Pro.

Ixel

Edited by Ixel