Validate IP address with Regular Expression

Go to solution Solved by Hackoo,

Hi :bye:
I want to translate this function written in Vbscript to Autoit

Titre = "Tester la validité d'une d'Adresse IP"

AdressIP = InputBox("Veuillez saisir une Adresse IP ",Titre,"172.16.18.21")

if IP_Valide(AdressIP) = True Then

MsgBox AdressIP & " est une Adresse IP Valide",64,Titre

else

MsgBox AdressIP & " est une Adresse IP NON Valide",16,Titre

End if

gateway = InputBox("Entrez la passerelle", "gateway default","255.255.255.0")

if IP_Valide(gateway) = True Then

MsgBox gateway & " est une Adresse IP Valide",64,Titre

else

MsgBox gateway & " est une Adresse IP NON Valide",16,Titre

End if

Function IP_Valide(ip)

Set RegularExpressionObject = New RegExp

With RegularExpressionObject

.Pattern = "^((25[0-5]|2[0-4]\d|1?\d?\d)\.){3}(25[0-5]|2[0-4]\d|1?\d?\d)$"

.IgnoreCase = False

If .Test(ip)= True then

IP_Valide = True

end if

End With

End Function

Thank you in advance !

$sIP4 = '192.168.30.195'
MsgBox(0, '?', _IsIP4($sIP4))

Func _IsIP4($sIP4)
    Return StringRegExp($sIP4, '^(?:(?:2(?:[0-4]\d|5[0-5])|1?\d{1,2})\.){3}(?:(?:2(?:[0-4]\d|5[0-5])|1?\d{1,2}))$')
    ; Return StringRegExp($sIP4, '^(?:(?:2(?:[0-4][\d|5[0-5])|[0-1]?\d{1,2})\.){3}(?:(?:2(?:[0-4]\d|5[0-5])|[0-1]?\d{1,2}))$')
EndFunc

Edited by AZJIO

Search _WinAPI_UrlIs() in the help file.

Wrong function.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Solution

Ok , I solved it like this, and thank you for your reply  :thumbsup:

Local $Titre = "Tester la validité d'une d'Adresse IP"
Local $IP = InputBox("Veuillez saisir une Adresse",$Titre,"172.16.18.21")
If $IP = "" Then Exit
if IP_Valide($IP) = True Then
    Msgbox(64,$Titre,$IP & " est une adresse est valide")
else
    MsgBox(16,$Titre,$IP & " est une adresse est non valide")
EndIf

Local $IP = InputBox("Veuillez saisir une Adresse",$Titre,"500.800.18.21")
if IP_Valide($IP) = True Then
    Msgbox(64,$Titre,$IP & " est une adresse valide")
else
    MsgBox(16,$Titre,$IP & " est une adresse non valide")
EndIf

Func IP_Valide($ip)
    Return StringRegExp ($ip,"^((25[0-5]|2[0-4]\d|1?\d?\d)\.){3}(25[0-5]|2[0-4]\d|1?\d?\d)$")
EndFunc
Edited by Hackoo

That regex doesn't validate an IP address, it merely validates that the string contains 4 sets of numbers between 0 and 255 that are separated by periods. A large portion of those number sets are not valid ip addresses.

I'd use this function to test for a valid IP address.

EDIT: N.B. RegEx by the way is a fairly unreliable way to validate a real IP address instead of just an arbitrary set of numbers that fit. A search of the net will demonstrate to you that there's hundreds of RegEx patterns to attempt it, but not many that actually succeed at doing it correctly. 

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator