Internet Explorer Auto-Maximizer.

CodeMaster Rapture

Dunno if this has been posted before, if so, please delete me.

So I got tired of all these pop-up sites that get by my 5 (yes, FIVE) pop-blockers and decide to resize IE. Here is a simple little script I wrote:

#NoTrayIcon
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
HotKeySet("^!+#x","Quit")
$search_title = "classname=IEFrame"

While 1
    If WinActive($search_title) Then
        $State = WinGetState($search_title)
        If ((Not BitAND($State,32)) And (Not BitAND($State,16))) Then WinSetState($search_title,"",@SW_MAXIMIZE)
    EndIf
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Small, simple, clean.

-CMR

I've tried Mozilla browsers and I still get 'em. It's mainly due to the sites I go to. Unwanted advertising and loads of spyware. I'm willing to deal with it. I've got it under control for the most part (1 or 2 popups a week).

Since the advent of SP2 and Google's popup blocker, people are getting more aggressive with thier ads. This script doesn't affect that. It merely keeps IE maximized (unless you minimize it).

Use AdAware, SpyBot, and Norton Symantec (not free, but the best!)

I've gotten zero popups in the last three months, and I go to h4x0r sites for game, cracks, etc... They have so many popups and trojans I'm suprised that they had enough bandwidth to fit actual content.

Edited by JoshDB
Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite