close youtube when opening game launcher

• Moderators

Obviously you have missed the forum rules on your way in. Please see the link at the bottom of the page, to see why you will receive no help on this subject.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Obviously you have missed the forum rules on your way in. Please see the link at the bottom of the page, to see why you will receive no help on this subject.

sorry sir  but i can't understand what you mean?

and also, i can't see the forum rules :(

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. He's not interacting, automating or otherwise doing anything with a game. Just wants to close the webpage for youtube when he starts his game.

I would have a loop checking for ProcessExists(your exe file here)

while 1

sleep(10)

if ProcessExists(program) Then

winclose(youtube page)

exit

wend

you may want to do an wintitlematchmode (I think it's 2 to only match part of the window name) at the top of your script because I believe the title of the youtube page is "the name of the video - youtube" or something like that.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. He's not interacting, automating or otherwise doing anything with a game. Just wants to close the webpage for youtube when he starts his game.

while 1

sleep(10)

winclose(youtube page)

exit

wend

you may want to do an wintitlematchmode (I think it's 2 to only match part of the window name) at the top of your script because I believe the title of the youtube page is "the name of the video - youtube" or something like that.

thanks sir, im new in this program so right now i dont have any idea on how to do this :(

There is a ZERO game interaction policy on the forum. Also, Youtube stuff is frowned upon too. Sorry dude.

sir i just want to automatically close the browser (firefox & chrome) when launching any game.

i will use it in my internet cafe business to save bandwidth.

• Moderators

Hi,

As long as any code is limited to the detection and closing of windows using their titles I am happy to let this thread run. But please do not spill over into anything which goes beyond that, particularly for the game launcher. ;)

And the YouTube prohibition is on downloading - the OP is quite clear that it is only streaming that is involved here. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi,

As long as any code is limited to the detection and closing of windows using their titles I am happy to let this thread run. But please do not spill over into anything which goes beyond that, particularly for the game launcher. ;)

And the YouTube prohibition is on downloading - the OP is quite clear that it is only streaming that is involved here. :)

M23

thank you sir!

• Moderators

Antron99,

close browser automatically when clicking game launcher

Did you not read what I said above: :huh:

As long as any code is limited to the detection and closing of windows using their titles I am happy to let this thread run

If you are now asking about how to detect clicking on the game launcher then this thread becomes illegal. :naughty:

So which is it to be? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

while 1

sleep(10)

winclose(youtube page)

exit

wend

I really have no idea how to do this ^_^

correct me if im wrong.

sffh2v.jpg

and also, where to save the au3 file to run it automatically  when i started to play the game?

sorry guys I'm totally noob at this program, I JUST NEED YOUR HELP :(

Edited by Antron99

you forgot your 'wend'

and you forgot to write EndIF below EXIT line  :P

and OP wrote play-css.exe and firefox.exe instead of 'play-css.exe' and 'play-css.exe' or "play-css.exe" and "firefox.exe"

everybody go and take some coffee to go, it's an order :P

if he is after process commands i don't see the point in loop if exit is after that, so just this line should work instead of the loop if constantly running isn't needed in script

If ProcessWait ( "processtowait.exe" ,10 ) Then ProcessClose( "processtoclose.exe" );w8 for procces 10 sec, if its there close it
if it's needed just remove 10 second parameter and put it in while 1 loop

for facebook games i realy dont know, dont use FB :P

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

and you forgot to write EndIF below EXIT line  :P

and OP wrote play-css.exe and firefox.exe instead of 'play-css.exe' and 'play-css.exe' or "play-css.exe" and "firefox.exe"

everybody go and take some coffee to go, it's an order :P

if he is after process commands i don't see the point in loop if exit is after that, so just this line should work instead of the loop if constantly running isn't needed in script

If ProcessWait ( "processtowait.exe" ,10 ) Then ProcessClose( "processtoclose.exe" );w8 for procces 10 sec, if its there close it

if it's needed just remove 10 second parameter and put it in while 1 loop

for facebook games i realy dont know, dont use FB :P

thanks sir this works for me. :)

i have another question, 

1. how to add another games (10 games) in the scripts?

2. how to set scripts to "always running)?  because it always closes after launching the game.