Klip!

Puckmeister

Wednesday, 2005-12-07

Klip! 2.30

Download it here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi all,

this is my first post of a tool that i created with autoit.

basically it manages clipboard entries. you can have up to 10 changing clips simultaneous (accessible through the keys 1 to 0) + 26 constant clips (a-z).

you can store a set of 26 klips as a set and reload it in another session. sets are saved as files (ini-format). i use different sets for typing autoit-scripts, normal office-work in my job, html-coding and and and....

i added many features to it, most of them are requests from my colleagues so plz test it and give me a reply.

here are some screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

some codepieces are extracted from other scripts in this forum. i changed them to my needs, so thank u all for sharing your ideas

in the attached zip file you find a beta-precompiled version and the source with all needed graphics and default inis

i plan to add these features:

- autoupdate over internet from a list of servers: finished but not yet implemented

- detect different clipboard-types (text/bitmap/filelist) to hold multiple graphics and list of files in the cache: can`t be finished only with autoit at present because clipget only retrieves text. i found an entry in the idea lab where someone needed exact this functionality in clipget, so i hope that it will be added someday. this tool(clcl) is a great (non-autoit) example for what i mean.

klip_2.25_source.zip

Edited by sirhc

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

The screenshots are FANTASTIC! If it works, it will be a great tool, I would use every day. I thought about doing sth. similar myself but if you share your great work, I will test it.

peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Hi!

The screenshots are FANTASTIC! If it works, it will be a great tool, I would use every day. I thought about doing sth. similar myself but if you share your great work, I will test it.

peethebee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thx peethebee :">

i gave it to a lot of people here at work to test it and after fixing the errors they found i think that it is stable. i use this version since some days and i got no complications anymore. if you find some errors please report to me so that i can fix oder improve functionality.

:P new suggestions are always welcome !

before i forgot, klip! is multilanguage and languagestrings are stored in ini format.

my foreign language competence is enough for a german and a (sometimes funny ;) ) english translation, but i want to add more languages. if anyone in this forum can translate the ini in his language i would be glad to add this in the script.

Link down? ;)

Screenshots looks good, wanna try it but the link doesn't work for me...I have Firefox and the windows asking to dl the file pop-ups, but then the file doesn't start downloading :/ Any ideas?

[Edit: Works now..thanks :)]

Edited by Gaboury

EDIT: i removed the code, its in the zip-file now, added screenshots

hi all,

this is my first post of a tool that i created with autoit.

basically it manages clipboard entries. you can have up to 10 changing clips simultaneous (accessible through the keys 1 to 0) + 26 constant clips (a-z).

you can store a set of 26 klips as a set and reload it in another session. sets are saved as files (ini-format). i use different sets for typing autoit-scripts, normal office-work in my job, html-coding and and and....

i added many features to it, most of them are requests from my colleagues so plz test it and give me a reply.

here are some screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

some codepieces are extracted from other scripts in this forum. i changed them to my needs, so thank u all for sharing your ideas

in the attached zip file you find a beta-precompiled version and the source with all needed graphics and default inis

i plan to add these features:

- autoupdate over internet from a list of servers: finished but not yet implemented

- detect different clipboard-types (text/bitmap/filelist) to hold multiple graphics and list of files in the cache: can`t be finished only with autoit at present because clipget only retrieves text. i found an entry in the idea lab where someone needed exact this functionality in clipget, so i hope that it will be added someday. this tool(clcl) is a great (non-autoit) example for what i mean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow...I'm impressed.

Played with it for just 5 min. I'm already Hooked. Great idea, well implemented.

I'l be leaving for Europe on saturday, back on Oct 5th. When I'm back, I'l give you a hand with French as one of the languages.

Again great job

Regards

Serge

@sirhc: Cool. I like the friendly interface.

It's interesting when I saw the first time the topic's name: "Klip".

Time ago I did a project for ACAD with this name, but with another objective.

Until now, I would suggest you, an option to keep the last position of the interface.

Excellent job. ;)

@hooch

you can delete a specific klip from a set by clicking the klip in the settings menu and then click the delete-button on the left side. after that you have to press the save button to store (in this case the empty) information in ini-file.

@jondolar

french would be great, i`m looking forward to your return ;)

@Josbe

nice idea, i´m going to implement a hook to check position of the mouse or not, thx.

also i`m going to add this option for the settingswindow.

i will upload a new version today

Great job !!

This is a example we all can learn from.

Your application definitely has to go in the Forum section FINISHED APPLICATIONS and SCRIPS.

Jon, when will this section ever be created ??

It would be a waste to see these kind of applications disappear among the hunderd of threads coming in into the scripts and scraps section.

Hi!

I just found some time to test your program - it's GREAT!

I'm asking my self only the question if it is possible to include a new line character into the snippets. I hope that I did not just miss it...

peethebee

p.s. Wenn du auch für ein deutsches Unterforum bist, kannst du dich gerna mal auf http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15757 dazu äußern. Noch mal: Tolles Skript, weiter so! [German]

Edited by peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

i added some new features to klip!:

first @josbe

now you can choose whether to open klip! under the cursor or at the last known position. i had to split the settings screen with tabs so there is enough room to add tons of new features ;)

Posted Image

i also added some little text formatting tools in the klipset settingsscreen. after inserting new clips manually or from the non-permanent klips...Posted Image

...you can now do some "textstyling":

Posted Image

in this version available are:

- Format Klip to Upper or lower letters: "This is a Text"="THIS IS A TEXT" or "this is a text"

- Every First letter is a big one: "This is a Text"="This Is A Text"

- Remove Quotes from Klip: "This is a Text"=This is a Text

Posted Image

- Quote Klip: This is a Text="This is a Text"

- Replace text in Klip

Posted Image

@peethebee

if i understand your question right you want to do the following:

Posted Image

updated the zip_file in first post

greets, chris

Edited by sirhc

improved functionality, now klip doesn`t react anymore on keypresses (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) but it watches the clipboard for changes. so you can copy from perhaps the edit-menu (what most applications provide) or from the rightclick menu in some text editors, browsers etc...

also added a little export button in the main gui, which appears when there are two or more non-permanent klips. by clicking on it you can export the whole list of non-permanent klips into a new klipset. this is what the buttons with the yellow note-icon do for the single klips:

Posted Image

Hi!

Very nice to see you working at it. Good new features. I will grab the new version soon.

peethebee

Excellent work! I absolutely love it! ;)

I worked on something like this a while ago but it never would have gotten as great as this. Here is the link if it gives you any inspiration:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6900

Thanks for the great app! :P

Thank you for the great application! I am constantly amazed at what A3 can do. ;)

I think what makes a difference with your project is two things. One being the script itself, very well done. Two, was the screen shots that were displayed.. It caught forum members attention..

I am working on a couple of project right now so hopefully they will be as well recieved..

Cheers.. :P