Klip!

Puckmeister

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi sirhc,

I think this is mentioned before but I have 2 suggestions.

Maybe you can add 2 button on your "main GUI"

1 - delete clipboard entry next to the two other buttons wich save it to the clipboard or a set.

( for cleaning up the mess ..... ) :P

2 - A "cancel" button for if you want to EXIT without doing anything.

furthermore, I love it!! ;)

i made a new version and updated the zip in first post !!!

first of all, thx at all for your answers and suggestions, i try to implement all your ideas if i can :mad2:

if somebody has made some good sets i would be glad if you can send them to me so i can insert some basic sets in the source. again, same for other languages :oops:

@erifash

your tool was one of the first that gave me the idea to make klip! :P

@Valuater

there will be a help button when i have nothing more to do on it :dance:

@DaLiMan

i added the option to choose whether to show a "Hide" or an "Exit"-button in the main gui.

both buttons together are too big. i hope that satisfies your needs

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

i also added the ability to choose which buttons to show right from the klip,

Posted Image

UPPER, lower, First Up....-Buttons are now stored in the ini-file, i would be glad if you can update your language file.

btw, THX for translating it, great work, it`s been added into the source ;)

i added a button that clears single klips in the past, but my first idea didn`t work all the time so i deleted it.

i wrote a new routine that seems to work correctly and i will paste it into the script when i have tested it.

i`m not so good at handling arrays......

greets, chris

Hi,

Nice new features and thanx for the HIDE button..... :P

How about the DELETE button for the cached klips, are you working on that one also???? :mad2:

Here is a new Dutch ini file. ( see attach.) ;)

Also a question for translating the previously asked buttons.

Can make them into GROUPS??

This way I can translate more properly because

in dutch is [aanhalingstekens] and this does not fit in the button. ( see ini file )

So if they were grouped it could just be like

group = quote / aanhalingstekens

button1 = add / toevoegen

button2 = delete / verwijderen

Also for the CAPITAL buttons

group = Capital letters - Hoofdletter

button1 = ALL / ALLES

button2 = none / geen

button3 = First / Eerste

( or something similar )

Also a ToolTip would be appreciated with these buttons.

@DaLiMan

heres your delete button ;), you can now clear single klips in the list

Posted Image

all three buttons can set to show or not in the config menu

Posted Image

thx for the new translation, i added it into the source but i don`t understand what you mean with grouping the text edit buttons. i changed them to show the text and crop it with "..." when its too long. you can see the whole text in the tooltip now. there is need for update the translation again :P

the idea with a sticky window is great but its not so easy to implement, because at the moment you can only add clips when main gui is closed. main gui is build everytime new when you press the hotkey. but i recognize that is too slow on old computers and í will change it to show the window on hotkey and hide it (not delete anymore) when leaving.

plz excuse my superious english, there is too much beer in my head today :mad2:

updated first post, greets chris

hi,

changed zip in the first post.

little update now, i changed script and it has a better performance now.

main gui is no more deleted and build when pressed hotkey. now the window is normally hidden and will be shown on pressing hotkey. it will be rebuild in the background while its hidden when a new clip is added from clipboard. on slower computers there is a great performanceboost by using hotkey cause the window is there when you need it and you have not to wait until its rebuild ;)

@DaLiMan

i added a sticky option in the main gui in the latest version and i will finally upload it when it works like it should do :P. until now it is buggy like hell, cause it isn`t easy for me to tell klip! which window to activate when inserting klips.

i`ll take time for this when i have finished moving my house

greets, chris

@DaLiMan

i added a sticky option in the main gui in the latest version and i will finally upload it when it works like it should do :P. until now it is buggy like hell, cause it isn`t easy for me to tell klip! which window to activate when inserting klips.

i`ll take time for this when i have finished moving my house

greets, chris

Good luck with moving. ;)

And thanx for trying to add the sticky option, I hope you'll figure it out! :mad2:

Hi Chris,

just wanted to congratulate you to this great program. I just tried it for some minutes and i really like it. I made once a similar program, which saves multiple clipboard contents, but i didn't put as much effort in it as you did.

Theres just one more thing i'd like to see in it. An option (for each Klip-entry) to tell him that he shouldn't paste the text, but Send() it. That would make it possible to put little Autoit-Send-Scripts in it. For example i wanted to make him log me into a website, which just would be "Username{TAB}Password{ENTER}". That would save me a lot of time.

I wanted to change that myself, but i am not able to compile the script, because of missing "GuiList.au3". Didn't search for it though. ;)

Greetings,

ZeD

edit: oh yeah, and "special fields" like current date and time would be great. :P

Edited by ZeDMIN

updated first post

@ZeDMIN, ioliver, & rakudave

thx :dance:

@YOU-WHO-READS-THIS

i added some nifty features today:

prompted by ZeDMIN i added the ability to Send klips to the used program instead of pasting it.

you just have to add [sEND] in front of the klip you want to send.

Example:

Kliptext is [sEND]Username{TAB}Password{ENTER}. when inserting into perhaps firefox login mask it would fill the username, jumps to the password field and inserts password (not very secure to save passwords this way :oops:)

i added an gui option to easily turn sendmode on and off and to insert some preset strings, look here:

Posted Image

after i played around with that i added those "special macros" that ZeDMIN desires.

now you can insert the actual time, date and many other snippets in the program or document you are working on.

Example:

Klip looks like this: [DAYLONG], [DAY].[MONLONG] [YEAR] [HOUR]:[MIN]

and the result when pasting it into the needed program it looks like:

Thursday, 29.September 2005 00:34

also you can create multiline infos like i used it in the screenshot

Posted Image

@DaLiMan

looks like its time for another translation :P, i marked the new fields that needs to be translated for you.

oh and the sticky option isn`t still working, but i try again and again and again..... ;)

i hope you all can give me some more ideas to complete the list of special functions and macros.

ah, befor i forget, i also added a contextmenu to the actual cliplist in the main gui.

Posted Image

you can edit the text like in the gui window before pasting, get nfo at wikipedia, translate your klip, start search on various websites and some more functions. hope you`ll enjoy it

@busysignal

now the zip has the correct version number :mad2:

greets, chris

Edited by sirhc

Wow, great new options.

Updated the dutch-language INI-file wich I will add at the bottom of this reply.

BTW: Run into some problems with Klip! yesterday and the day before.

Don't know why but the I think it is the options screen which was stretched out over the whole screen without buttons. When I moved the mouse over the screen some buttons appeared and I had to break it up by right-click the icon and exit. Maybe in the new version this is also eliminated.....

Keep you posted when it happens!

Nederlands.zip

BTW: Run into some problems with Klip! yesterday and the day before.

Don't know why but the I think it is the options screen which was stretched out over the whole screen without buttons. When I moved the mouse over the screen some buttons appeared and I had to break it up by right-click the icon and exit. Maybe in the new version this is also eliminated.....

Keep you posted when it happens!

hi,

added translation into the zip, thx.

i checked the script, but the width & height of the config window is hardcoded in the script right before the guicreate-command for this gui, so i don`t find a reason why it didn`t work. also there is no move-command or else for it. i try to search for another cause.

i had another problem these days, i can`t open up klip with hotkey or mouse-buttons and not over the traymenu. taskman shows klip!.exe=100%. after waiting 2 or 3 minutes it worked normal again.

hmmm, dunno what this was and i cant reproduce it.

greets, chris