Newb -Removeing white border on buttons?

Digetal

Thank you for the replies.

I think I have to rephrase.When creating a button in a gui you can set an image to it by simply using GUICtrlSetImage (-1,image name here). When you do this the image is placed on the button and the button has a white border or frame. Im using a black background with dark images that are set to buttons. My problem is that placing a black button with a white frame onto a dark background looks odd. I just need to find a way to make a button and place a graphic on top of it that will stay there even when clicked, without a white border e my problem. When creatting a button in a gui

Example of the script making each one:

$mintotray = GUICtrlCreateButton( "", 296,2,15,13,0x8000 + 0x0080); 3rd button at top right

GUICtrlSetImage (-1, "t3.bmp")

I have also tried GUICtrlCreatePic

I'm trying this: it creates an invisable button and places an icon on top, but as soon as you put your mouse over the button the icon dissapears. This I a bad substitute.

$mintotray = GUICtrlCreateButton( "", 296,2,15,13,0x0E); 3rd button at top right

GUICtrlCreatePic("t3.bmp",296,2,15,13,0x04,0x00000008)

Please Help!

Edited by Digetal

see if this works....

$mintotray = GUICtrlCreateButton( "", 296,2,15,13,Bitor(0x8000,0x0080,BitNot($WS_BORDER))); 3rd button at top right

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, looks like it removes the icon completely. I only get to see it for a second because for some reason it minimizes the gui to the tray. I then click on the tray icon to make the menu appear and it just minimizes again. It could somehow affect my minimize to tray function.

I think you've got something there I'll try some different variations.. Thanks

$mintotray = GUICtrlCreateButton( "", 296,2,15,13,BitAnd(0x8000,0x0080,BitNot($WS_BORDER))); 3rd button at top right

try this...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did try it.. The post before discusses the error I came across. It just kept minimizing to tay. I can post the entire code? It's long.

I'm trying this: it creates an invisable button and places an icon on top, but as soon as you put your mouse over the button the icon dissapears. This I a bad substitute.

$mintotray = GUICtrlCreateButton( "", 296,2,15,13,0x0E); 3rd button at top right

Edited by Digetal

Have you tried using GuiCtrlCreatePic?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for the reply.

I think I have to rephrase.When creating a button in a gui you can set an image to it by simply using GUICtrlSetImage (-1,image name here). When you do this the image is placed on the button and the button has a white border or frame. Im using a black background with dark images that are set to buttons. My problem is that placing a black button with a white frame onto a dark background looks odd. I just need to find a way to make a button and place a graphic on top of it that will stay there even when clicked, without a white border e my problem. When creatting a button in a gui

I have tried GUICtrlCreatePic

I finally figured it out "0x0E00A"

came up with this trying every possible combo:it makes a borderless button, and with another line keeps it that way!!!!

NO MORE FRAMES AROUND YOUR BUTTONS!

Example:

$mintotray = GUICtrlCreateButton( "", 296,2,15,13,0x0080 + 0x0E00A); 3rd button at top right

GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "t3.bmp")

Thanks Saunders!

Please, excuse me for not understanding what you meant. I had no idea they where clickable. This would be a great idea because it would replace three lines of code for one in each variable I have this problem with. I'm testing it out to try and get 100% functionality out of guictrlcreatpic(). Again thanks for the reply and correcting me.

Edited by Digetal