What are the GUI functions that can be used to create a message log and a local pane?

Go to solution Solved by Melba23,

Search TreeView and Edit.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

What are the GUI functions that can be used to create such as a message log (3) and a local pane (4)?

Kindly visit Navigating and window layout referring to the numbers above if you don't know what I mean..

And the picture is defiantly required as those are just generic names with no meaning as to watch control type they are.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

You said create not read. Explain what you want to do please.

UDF List:

You said create not read. Explain what you want to do please.

Sorry, I mean the Example in that page can help me for my whole project, not just the function..

But okay lets focus on a message log (3) first..

Please see this attachment:

post-81409-0-39982700-1389333887_thumb.p

• The message log may tell if the login attempt fails.
  • Or may tell if the login attempt succeed.
  • And may tell if you are successfully connected with Facebook.
  • And many other more about its user log..

Do I need a Function GUICtrlCreateEdit for that or the other function which I do not know yet?

• Moderators

Servant,

Personally I would use a List control for something like this, but an Edit control could also serve. Look at GUICtrlCreateList for more details on List controls. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Servant,

Personally I would use a List control for something like this, but an Edit control could also serve. Look at GUICtrlCreateList for more details on List controls. :)

M23

When I try to use a GUICtrlCreateList, it can add a data below the list but you need to scroll down to see the new data.

What I want is when I add a new message, the scroll will automatically be placed in the lower area of the list if it's in the lower area..

And also, are there exact functions that can show the whole message log in TXT File format as a GUI list?

• But when the log in TXT File format have added a new message, the GUI list will going to add that new message also, but the scroll is in the lower area if it's in the lower area..
  • When a user scroll it a little bit of higher, it will not scroll down even the list have added a new message.
  • It will automatically scroll down only if the scroll is in the lower area..

Is there any solution for this?

Edited by Servant

• Moderators

Servant,

Is there any solution for this?

Yes. Did you try searching the forum (the search box is at top right)? This has been answered many times - and often by me). ;)

An example of one way to do it:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiListBox.au3>

Local $iCount = 0

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$cList = GUICtrlCreateList("", 10, 10, 400, 100, BitOR($WS_VSCROLL, $WS_BORDER))

$cButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add", 10, 200, 80, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cButton
            $iCount += 1
            ; Get current top index
            $iIndex = _GUICtrlListBox_GetTopIndex($cList)
            ; Add a line
            GUICtrlSetData($cList, "Line " & $iCount)
            ; Set new top index
            _GUICtrlListBox_SetTopIndex($cList, $iIndex + 1)
    EndSwitch
WEnd
all clear? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Servant,

Yes. Did you try searching the forum (the search box is at top right)? This has been answered many times - and often by me). ;)

An example of one way to do it:

#include <GuiListBox.au3>

Local $iCount = 0

$cList = GUICtrlCreateList("", 10, 10, 400, 100, BitOR($WS_VSCROLL, $WS_BORDER))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cButton
            $iCount += 1
            ; Get current top index
            $iIndex = _GUICtrlListBox_GetTopIndex($cList)
            ; Add a line
            GUICtrlSetData($cList, "Line " & $iCount)
            ; Set new top index
            _GUICtrlListBox_SetTopIndex($cList, $iIndex + 1)
    EndSwitch
WEnd
all clear? :)

M23

Not bad..

Can you convert that code from using GUICtrlCreateList() to UICtrlCreateEdit() ?

So, I could try to compare them which is much better..

And it is possible to make a UICtrlCreateEdit() non-editable?

Edited by Servant

• Moderators

Servant,

Not bad

I try my best... :whistle:

Can you convert that code from using GUICtrlCreateList() to UICtrlCreateEdit() ?

What is UICtrlCreateEdit? :huh:

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators
  • Solution

Servant,

In this case things are rather easier as Windows does a lot of the work for you: ;)

#include <GuiEdit.au3>

Local $iCount = 0

$cEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 10, 400, 100, BitOR($WS_VSCROLL, $WS_BORDER, $ES_READONLY))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cButton
            $iCount += 1
            ; Add a line
            _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($cEdit, "Line " & $iCount & @CRLF)
    EndSwitch
WEnd
M23

Spoiler