Access is denied when compiling

dushkin

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

Try running the editor in admin mode. (right click > Run as Administrator)

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

• Developers

Hi.

I just installed the latest full editor , and when I tried to compile my script it gace me an "Access is denied." message.

I didn't have it on the regular editor.

Any help will be great!

Thanks!

Show me all the SciTE Outputpane information so we can see what is going on.

Try running the editor in admin mode. (right click > Run as Administrator)

Shouldn't be needed when the Lite version was working.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I found this to be helpful when prevented from saving files into Program Files tree

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html

You can right click a folder and click it in the context menu.  It runs a recursive batch to take ownership of the files.  Don't run it on C:  or Windows.  But Program Files is fine.  I don't have to compile or edit as admin in W7 or W8 after running it.

Edit:  make a restore point first.  But I believe the ownership is the same from Vista up.  Better if you get the batch for your OS to be sure.

Edit2:  I'm on W8 with MS login.  Account is in admin group.  If you are using a lower privileged account you may want to move your scripts folder out from under Program Files.  I moved mine to C:MyDocsMyScripts.  It still wanted me to take ownership.  But that may be safer than owning the PF tree from a regular account.  I guess I could have moved it under my user folder but I hate messing with long paths.

Edited by MilesAhead

• Developers

That means you don't have access to execute AutoIt3Wrapper.

Check your Security settings and the possibility that your Anti-virus is interfering.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos, It is definetly bitdefender  !

I disabled it and now I got:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:UsersdushkinDownloadsKeywords search new.au3"
'C:Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.112
Edited by dushkin

• Developers

Jos, my bitdefender alerts all the time (but also when I used the basic editor)...

Not sure what you are trying to tell me here. I would think when you get alerts from BitDefender you would know that this is something to look at or am I missing something?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Have you checked if the path is correct and if the AutoIt3Wrapper.exe is indeed there and can be started?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I looked in 

c:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper

There is AutoIt3Wrapper.au3.

Should there be exe as well? I found no AutoIt3Wrapper.exe under the installation directory.

There are also AutoIt3Wrapper.ini.example and Directives.au3 there

By the way, I saw on the forum suggestions to install the leatest editor. This is what I have done but it doesn't help.

Isn;t there any place to modify a path?

I thought embedded.properties is the place, but it didn't let me save the file...

Edited by dushkin

• Developers
  • Solution

Yes, there needs to be an AutoIt3Wrappe.exe as well as that is started by the different shortcuts.

Just do a reinstall of the SciTE4utoIt3 installer.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I would change the best answer to Jos's post rather then yours, as it might confuse people.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

MilesAhead, thanls for you kind help.

I must say I was a little bit confused.

If you could sumup the steps I need to take I'll be greatfull

I am running Win7 64bit.

Thanks.

If you go to the tutorial, the download is a .reg file.  In those tutorials that have a .reg (registry settings) file to install, they also provide a .reg file to remove the feature.  In this case the Explorer context(right click) menu will have a Take Ownership command when you right click a file or folder, after you run the .reg file(think of it as an installer.)  To take ownership of an entire folder tree just right click a folder and click Take Ownership.  Of course you can also take ownership of a single file by right clicking on the file.

It just runs the command line takeown command filling in the proper switches and file names.  When you run it you will see a command prompt with the command lines scrolling up as it does each file.

The tutorial has an in depth explanation of takeown and the whys and hows.

Edited by MilesAhead