Clicking a button to Download a file

Graeme

Go to solution Solved by jdelaney,

Hi,

I'm trying to automate downloading update files of a few programs and all work except TrueCrypt because I can't find the file to download with InetGet. The web page has a button to click and no file that gets downloaded as far as I can see.

I tried using WinHttpSimpleFormFill as below and it "works" but only downloads 454K whereas the file should be 3.386M! Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

#include <IE.au3>
#include <inet.au3>
#include <winhttp.au3>

Global $hConnect, $hOpen, $H, $sRead

$hOpen = _WinHttpOpen()

$hConnect= _WinHttpConnect($hOpen, "http://www.truecrypt.org")

$sRead = _WinHttpSimpleFormFill($hConnect,"downloads", "name:WindowsDownLoads","name:WindowsDownLoads")

_WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect)
_WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen)

If $sRead Then
    $H=FileOpen("TrueCryptTmp",2)
    FileWrite($H,$sRead)
    FileClose($H)
    MsgBox(0,"running","Saved something")
EndIf

Thanks DanP2,

Tried that, correcting the misspelling - but to no avail. Still get the 454KB Not sure how to take account of the hidden fields...

Is it possible that the whole 3MB wouldn't fit and got put in an array or something? I really am a newbie at this:) When I opened the TrueCryptTmp file with Notepad it looked like the beginnings of a program.... :(

Blessings

Thanks for that DanP2!

Tried it and got 0bytes... What did I do wrong? This is the kind of thing I did with Eraser, CCleaner and OpenVPN and it worked with them.. BTW, how did you find the url? That's what I looked for and could never find..:(

This is what I tried that didn't work...:(

$sRead="http://www.truecrypt.org/download/transient/6a69f667df956015f801/TrueCrypt%20Setup%207.1a.exe"
$H=Inetget($sRead,@ScriptDir&"\TempTruecrypt.exe",1)
$I = InetGetSize($sRead)
MsgBox(0,"Running",$I& " is the size")
InetClose($H)

Now there's an interesting thing! :think: I downloaded the file and copied the link and it was different. Downloaded it three times and each time got the same link! Put that link back in the program and it worked! But ... will this work anywhere else??? Why and when does it change? Is it by country? I'm in England - could anyone try downloading the file and send me the link with an idea where you are?? Or is this off topic?? Facinating none the less.

Blessings

Graeme

Oh no! Not as simple as that. Downloaded it again and got a different link. I think I'll need to find a way of automating the clicking of the button. No way round that. Hope someone has an idea .. Looking forward to reading from you.

Blessings

Graeme

Thanks for your response jdelaney.

Is this the sort of html that you mean?

<form action="/dl" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="WindowsDownloads">
        <input type="hidden" value="7.1a" name="DownloadVersion"></input>
        <input type="hidden" value="644099df924498e3e95a" name="LinkT"></input>
        <input type="submit" value="Download" name="WindowsDownload"></input>
    </form>

Are those "hidden" input.value attributes combined in anyway in the link?

That might be how to help construct the URL.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Yes, I think we're on to it, here is the copy of the source

<form name="WindowsDownloads" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="/dl">
<input type="hidden" name="DownloadVersion" value="7.1a">
<input type="hidden" name="LinkT" value="4c76caca415df8912330"><input type="submit" name="WindowsDownload" value="Download"></form></td>

and this is the download link

http://www.truecrypt.org/download/transient/4c76caca415df8912330/TrueCrypt%20Setup%207.1a.exe!

But wait, I used this to try and read this data

$sRead= _StringBetween(_INetGetSource("http://www.truecrypt.org/download"),"LinkT","WindowsDownLoad")

and got @error =1...:(

Really appreciate any ideas..

• Solution

Using IE.au3

#include <ie.au3>
$string=  '<form action="/dl" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="WindowsDownloads">' & @CRLF & _
         '<input type="hidden" value="7.1a" name="DownloadVersion"></input>' & @CRLF & _
         '<input type="hidden" value="644099df924498e3e95a" name="LinkT"></input>' & @CRLF & _
         '<input type="submit" value="Download" name="WindowsDownload"></input>' & @CRLF & _
    ' </form>'

$oIE = _IECreate("about:blank",0,0)
_IEBodyWriteHTML($oIE,$string)
$oDownloadVersion = _IEGetObjByName($oIE,"DownloadVersion")
$oLinkT = _IEGetObjByName($oIE,"LinkT")
$oWindowsDownload = _IEGetObjByName($oIE,"WindowsDownload")
ConsoleWrite($oDownloadVersion.value & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($oLinkT.value & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($oWindowsDownload.value & @CRLF)
_IEQuit($oIE)
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

#include <Inet.au3>
#include <String.au3>
;~ #include <Array.au3>

$sSource = _INetGetSource('http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads')
;~ ConsoleWrite($sSource)
$aTemp = _StringBetween($sSource, '<input type="hidden" name="LinkT" value="', '"><input type="submit" name="WindowsDownload" value="Download"></form></td>')
;~ _ArrayDisplay($aTemp)

$hDownload = InetGet("http://www.truecrypt.org/download/transient/" & $aTemp[0] & "/TrueCrypt Setup 7.1a.exe", @DesktopDir & "\TrueCrypt Setup 7.1a.exe", 1, 1)
Do
    Sleep(250)
Until InetGetInfo($hDownload, 2)
$nBytes = InetGetInfo($hDownload, 0)
If Not @error And $nBytes > 0 Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Bytes read: " & $nBytes)
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", @error)
EndIf

InetClose($hDownload)

Hi,

I'm trying to automate downloading update files of a few programs and all work except TrueCrypt because I can't find the file to download with InetGet. The web page has a button to click and no file that gets downloaded as far as I can see.

I tried using WinHttpSimpleFormFill as below and it "works" but only downloads 454K whereas the file should be 3.386M! Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

It's what Danp2 said about binary data and _WinHttpSimpleFormFill function.

But it's my fault because it doesn't need to be like that. Your code sholud have been working out of the box.

I will fix it... right now.

edit: there, if you are still interested it's right here.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE