Dealing with Tabs in IE

Go to solution Solved by dar100111,

Hey All,

I have a website I'm doing a tracking script for and the search button always creates a new tab initially.  I can use the second one to write my script out of.  Is there a good way to activate/delete tabs as the scripts going on?

I didn't know if they were considered unique windows with IE tabs.

Thanks!

Why not navigate to a search provider first instead of targeting the search bar?

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Hey Sons,

Just to clarify.  I'm already entereing the tracking number on the specific website in a tracking input.  It just opens up another tab when the search button is clicked on.  I need to use the new tab to get tables, all that good stuff.  Just wasn't sure the best way to deal with the tabs.

Thanks!

Well this is kind of a hack/workaround...

Since you say "tracking number" let's pretend it's the UPS website.

Local $sUrl = "ups.com"
_doSearch()
; After new tab opens, we're going to close the first tab. This will force tab 2 to focus.
$oIE = _IEAttach($sUrl, "url", 1)
_IEAction($oIE, "quit")
Edited by Mechaflash
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

You're welcome Adventurer.

Spoiler