Use wild card with _FileWriteToLine

brian75

Greetings all,

I need to edit a user specific .xml file.  The file name will never be the same.  Is it possible to use a wild card for the file name with _FileWriteToLine?  That one .xml is the only file in that directory.  I was thinking something like this (Obviously, I tried this and it doesn't work):

#include <File.au3>
#RequireAdmin
_FileWriteToLine("C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WwanSvc\Profiles\*.xml", 9, "<ConnectionMode>manual</ConnectionMode>", 1)

If not, I need to parse the file name and read it in to the _FileWriteToLine statement.  Can I get some hints as to how to do that?

Of course, I'm not married to using _FileWriteToLine.  If there's a better way to go about it I'm all for it.  I appreciate any help!

what is the parent node you want it nested under?  You can use the XML dom to do so.

example:

$sXML = '<?xml version="1.0"?>' & @CRLF & '<Something/>'

$oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
$oXML.loadXML($sXML)
$oNode = $oXML.createElement("ConnectionMode")
$oNode.text = "manual"

$oParent = $oXML.selectSingleNode( '//Something' )
$oParent.appendChild($oNode)

ConsoleWrite($oXML.xml & @CRLF)

$oXML.save("yourfile.xml")

well, this is how to correctly modify the file.  what do you want from the wild card?  Are there multiple files?

Use _FileListToArray to get your collection, loop through that array, and do the above.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Hi jdelaney,

Thanks for your response!  I am not at all familiar with using the XML DOM so I am researching that now but it looks like what I need.  I'll post back my solution once I get it figured out or if I run into a roadblock.  Thanks again!