Since upgrade Ver 3.3.8 to 3.3.10.x Undefined error

Chaym

I Upgraded to AutoIT 3.3.10.2.

Now when trying to prodeuce a new BUILD (<F7>) I get erorr like:

Possibly used before declaration

Undeclared global variable

Undefined Function (???)

All the Variable / Const / Function are declared all right in #include <File.au3>

When running the script using AutoIt3.exe it works fine, No errors...

But I cannot produce a BUILD.

What Do I need to do ?

• Moderators

Chaym,

Please post the script - without that we can do nothing. And when you post the code please use Code tags - see here how to do it. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#include-once
#include <A.au3>

InitCheckResource($R1,$T1)

Content of A.au3 file:
#include-once
#include <B.au3>

Content of B.au3 file:
Global Const $R1 = 1 ; Real Mode Resource Check

Pressing F7 I get the messages:

Warning: $R1: possibly used before declaration

error: $R1: Undeclared global variable

BTW: I can also convert the script to EXE file which works fine

Edited by Chaym

• Moderators

Chaym,

Are you joking? Or are you just trolling? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I tried it and get

"C:\Temp\tmp\1.au3"(4,26) : warning: $T1: possibly used before declaration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Temp\tmp\1.au3"(4,26) : error: $T1: undeclared global variable.
"C:\Temp\tmp\1.au3"(4,26) : error: InitCheckResource(): undefined function.
C:\Temp\tmp\1.au3 - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

$R1 seems fine, but $T1 is being used without being declared. And the undefined function. :blink:

• Moderators

Chaym,

I meant post the whole script, including the include files. What you have posted so far is about a much use a chocolate teapot. ;)

M23

Spoiler

Oh yes,

I'm sorry

$T1 is declared in <B.au3>:

Global Const $T1 = "Tiny Resources Check"

And I forgot  to mention al about undeclared fubtions error messages.

All the functions like InitCheckResource are declared in <B.au3>

Chaym,

I meant post the whole script, including the include files. What you have posted so far is about a much use a chocolate teapot. ;)

M23

It is really a very long file...

I downgraded to version 3.3.8 it complies a BUILD without any error.

• Moderators

Chaym,

Fine, if you do not want us to help you I will just lock the thread - your choice..... :whistle:

M23

Spoiler

Melba23 thanks anyway.

The script itself is short.

the include files, secially B.au3 has 2000 lines.

I'll stay with version 3.3.8 which works fine.

I thought it is a simple issue (Undeclared / Undefined issues).

DON'T lock the thread.

I will add the nedde files in a minute...

Thanks.

Chaim

Edited by Chaym

The Script :
#include-once

File A.au3
#include-once
#include <B.au3>

Func InitCheckResource($ResCheckMode,$Note)
   SetResCounters($Note)
EndFunc

File B.au3
#include-once
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <ProcessConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <_ProcessFunctions.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global Const $RChkRes = 1 ; Real Mode Resource Check

FUNC SetResCounters($CheckMode)
        Select
       Case $CheckMode=$T1
                $TransModInterval = 3
                $ResourceLoops = 1
                $ItemCountLoop = 2
     EndSelect
EndFunc

Attached a print screen:

Edited by Chaym

• Moderators

Chaym,

Your original script (from post #3) read:

#include-once
#include <A.au3>

If I run that with the 2 include files you provided in post #12:

A.au3:

#include-once
#include <B.au3>

SetResCounters($Note)
EndFunc
B.au3:

#include-once

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <File.au3>
;#include <_ProcessFunctions.au3> ; I do not have this file so it is commented
#include <Date.au3>

Global Const $RChkRes = 1 ; Real Mode Resource Check

Func SetResCounters($CheckMode)
    Select
        Case $CheckMode = $T1
            $TransModInterval = 3
            $ResourceLoops = 1
            $ItemCountLoop = 2
    EndSelect
EndFunc   ;==>SetResCounters
then I get an error:

"M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\fred4.au3"(3,22) : warning: $R1: possibly used before declaration.
InitCheckResource($R1,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\fred4.au3"(3,22) : error: $R1: undeclared global variable.
InitCheckResource($R1,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
M:\Program\Au3 Scripts\fred4.au3 - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
which is hardly surprising as $R1 is indeed completely undeclared. :whistle:

I have had enough of these guessing games. You are not providing us with anything sensible to debug - just a few meaningless scraps of code which appear to have no real relationship with each other. So I am out of here - as will be the case for practically everyone else I imagine. :bye:

M23

Spoiler

Sorry, I did it again - I have narrowed the original files to the relant lines

Here is B.au3 again:

#include-once
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Date.au3>

Select
       Case $CheckMode=$T1
                $TransModInterval = 3
                $ResourceLoops = 1
                $ItemCountLoop = 2
     EndSelect
EndFunc

Stiil the same resault...

When runnug the Script.au3:

#include-once
#include <A.au3>

>Running AU3Check (3.3.10.2)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
! Au3check doesn't support input files encoded as UTF16 with BOM: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\A.au3
"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3"(5,22) : warning: $R1: possibly used before declaration.
InitCheckResource($R1,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3"(5,26) : warning: $T1: possibly used before declaration.
"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3"(5,22) : error: $R1: undeclared global variable.
InitCheckResource($R1,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3"(5,26) : error: $T1: undeclared global variable.
"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3"(5,26) : error: InitCheckResource(): undefined function.
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3 - 4 error(s), 2 warning(s)
!>09:06:59 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:2
>Exit code: 2    Time: 0.681
Edited by Chaym

Here are the resualts when running the same script on version 3.3.8.1:

#include-once
#include <A.au3>

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3"
+>09:19:42 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.4.0 SciTE v.3.3.7.0 ;  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>09:19:42 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\chaim\Local Settings\Application Data\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3xoqkywv.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>09:19:44 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Documents and Settings\chaim\Local Settings\Application Data\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3xoqkywv.exe. rc:0
+>09:19:44 Created program:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Projects\Script.exe
>Exit code: 0    Time: 3.071

The first code box is B.au3 but what is in A.au3? Also #include-once should be used in UDFs only. Also the errors are pretty informative, like undefined function means there is no function with that name.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

This has gone on for too long. Send me a PM with all your files so I can fix it and move on.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

The script:

#include-once
#include <A.au3>

File A.au3:

#include-once
#include <B.au3>

SetResCounters($Note)
EndFunc

you that the function InitCheckResource is declared

File B.au3:

#include-once
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Date.au3>

Select
       Case $CheckMode=$T1
                $TransModInterval = 3
                $ResourceLoops = 1
                $ItemCountLoop = 2
     EndSelect
EndFunc

declaring SetResCounters.

Running well in Version 3.3.8.1

producing stupid error on version 3.3.10.2

I'm really sorry Melba23

I of coursed copy the relant sections to new files Scrit.au3, A.au3,B.au3

I didn't to copy and past about 2000 lines here that most of it is irrelevant to this error.

All this errors appeared yesterday when upgrading to version 3.3.10.2

When downgrading to 3.3.8.1 version  - there are no errors

! Au3check doesn't support input files encoded as UTF16 with BOM: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\A.au3

Bingo, Au3Check did not check that file. No wonder you are perhaps getting errors if it skips reading that file.

I am not Melba23.

Anyway, I just tried Au3Check'in Script.au3 and I don't get any error. I am suspecting it's the file coding as I saved as ANSI.

Au3Check_Non_Error.zip

UDF List: