IE9 IE10 IE11 Wait for Save Notification Bar

jemmail

Go to solution Solved by LarsJ,

Hi All,

I'm new here... but not a newbie with AutoIt ...

I'm fighting with the new (old in fact) behavior since IE9 to download files...

The new notification Bar (with the yellow color), is not scriptable with the "default" IE Autoit Tools.

Can someone please post a working snippet to wait for this bar and click the "save" button or better the "save as" button...

Many thanks and best regards from Switzerland....

• Moderators

Is the file something you can simply grab without opening the webpage period?

InetGet("http://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3-setup.exe", "Setup.exe")

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

open the webpage, login, swipe the url for the download, then try InetGet() with the retrieved URL. Should have the token intact.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

This can be done with the UI Automation framework. You can add an >event handler which will fire an event when the Save Notification Bar is opened. Then you can add code to click the button.

Give me a few days may be also the weekend and I'll add a minimalistic example that shows how to do it.

• Solution