Removal of PlugIn

minxomat

I am going to recommend ward's in that case.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The DLL's functions are already exported, but not in a way that DLLCall understands (I wish I could see the source for PluginOpen()!).

As for the recommended other hashing functions, they bork on large files.

Back to CodeBlocks I guess!

;o) Cor

Edited by corz

nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool..

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I should come back and let readers know that this turned out to be fairly easy, once I sat down and actually began!

Also, the resulting DLL is a lot smaller, much simpler, and loads faster.

So, whilst temporarily painful, it turned out to be a change for the better! Cheers!

;o) Cor

Would you be so kind as to post your end result please, since you made such a big fuss at the start.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Would you be so kind as to post your end result please, since you made such a big fuss at the start.

I didn't start this!

;o) Cor

I am only asking for a code snippet.

UDF List:

Well, seeing as you asked nicely..

Essentially, I removed the au3plugin.c and au3plugin.h source files, creating the export declarations (and definition) in the main header file, for example..

from oldmain.c ..

AU3_PLUGIN_FUNC g_AU3_Funcs[2] =
{
    {"Func1", 1, 3},
    {"Func2", 1, 3}
};

to main.h ..

#define DLL_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)

char* DLL_EXPORT Func1(char*, int, int);
char* DLL_EXPORT Func2(char*, int, int);

main.c now contains only DllMain() and the exported (master) functions; Func1(), Func2(), etc..

Everything else is pretty much as-was.

;o) Cor

• 1 month later...

Care to share the documentation about this mysterious dll? Have you even read the help file on DllCall()?

And no there is no "transition documentation" because only a crazy person would use a feature that was technically lacking. 

guinness, I'm glad I don't take easy offense to being called crazy... That statement also calls everyone using "beta" or "alpha" features crazy. You should be nicer  :laser: ...  :shifty:

I loved the idea of Plugin's in AutoIt back when they were initially implemented, and I believe it was before DllCall was implemented and/or fully functional. I had a lot of ideas for them. As corz pointed out AutoIt functions are slower than native C/C++. I found it interesting that he linked to my code and indicated that he has a compatible version (@corz glad it was useful to you). I only pop in and out of the community every so often now..

I do find myself always coming back to automate something or another here and there. Like today... I needed a simple Run("exe") script to make something transparent to a user after an upgrade. I come in here only to find out I'm crazy...good thing I already knew this!  o:)

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I don't remember calling your crazy, but then it was 2 months ago I wrote that post.

guinness, I'm glad I don't take easy offense to being called crazy... That statement also calls everyone using "beta" or "alpha" features crazy. You should be nicer  :laser: ...  :shifty:

No, my statement refers to people who are using alpha/beta functionality as though it was stable and then complaining later that it broke their script. Everyone knows (or should know) that using code which is still being developed shouldn't be used in production code. It's why we often refer to beta testing as just that, beta testing. So will all due respect, I wasn't referring to you personally, but in a general context. So no offence was meant towards you. Sorry.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I don't remember calling your crazy, but then it was 2 months ago I wrote that post.

No, my statement refers to people who are using alpha/beta functionality as though it was stable and then complaining later that it broke their script. Everyone knows (or should know) that using code which is still being developed shouldn't be used in production code. It's why we often refer to beta testing as just that, beta testing. So will all due respect, I wasn't referring to you personally, but in a general context. So no offence was meant towards you. Sorry.

You didn't specifically call me crazy. I was planning to respond to the thread, and when I read that, I just wanted to mess with you.

Thanks for all the hard efforts you put in around the community. Documentation is a beast that most developers hate to develop, but love to have.

I do realize I took it out of context to feign offense, thanks for the clarification in-case there are others that would actually take offense.

All the best,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)