Using _WinAPI_MoveFileEx with $MOVE_FILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT

JerryD

Go to solution Solved by trancexx,

My understanding of the Using the _WinAPI_MoveFileEx with the $iFlags option set to $MOVE_FILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT, a file (full path name) should be able to be specified as the $sExistingFile option, and 0 specified as the $sNewFile option, and the file will be deleted on the next reboot.

I've tried the following code:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.2
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy /Y "%out%" "C:\Temp\*.*"
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>

MsgBox ( 0, '@ScriptFullPath - Version', @ScriptFullPath & @CRLF & 'Version: ' & FileGetVersion ( @ScriptFullPath) )

Local $Ret = _WinAPI_MoveFileEx ( 'C:\Temp\MovFileExTest.exe', 0, $MOVE_FILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT )

MsgBox(262144, 'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber, 'Selection:' & @CRLF & '$Ret' & @CRLF & @CRLF & 'Return:' & @CRLF & $Ret & @CRLF & @CRLF & '@error:' & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @CRLF & '@extended:' & @CRLF & @extended & ' (0x' & Hex(@extended) & ')') ;### Debug MSGBOX

The function returns all 0's, but no entry is made in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerPendingFileRenameOperations) [see MS MoveFileEx function], and of course the file isn't deleted after a reboot.

I want to be able to delete a file or directory on the next reboot.  I'm using AutoIt 3.3.10.2.

Any assistance would be appreciated.