Sign in to follow this  
ledigeine

Pull control names from VB6

Hello, recently I have started writing up automation scripts in visual studio. These scripts require me to know the (name) field in the properties of controls written in vb6.

1. My idea here is to open up the screen in vb6, I won't have the code checked out so i wont have to worry about altering it.
  2. Some how cycle through the screen and record the (name) property for each control. The controls are named in a way that I should know if i need them or not. (ex. fraFrame1 wouldn't be needed because its a frame while txtTextbox1 will be needed for me to enter data into it)
  3. Once I have all the fields I will be testing, I would want autoit to use those (name)'s to put in as much of the script as possible on my Visual Studio test files.
  4. After the mindless part of the testfile is done then I can do the small specifics on my own.

So the main issue I have right now is just starting out, I can't think of a way to actually select the controls in vb6 and pull out what is marked in the (name) field. On top of that I have another idea but getting the name is priority 1.  If that was figured out I could maybe figure out how to also check for additional properties.

Any help on this would be great... i know it sounds more confusing than it actually is since I am not great at explaining things.

Edit: Might have found a way around checking the actual screen for controls then looking at the Properties section of the screen. It seems I could just open the .ctl file as a text file and run through the document looking for keywords.

Not 100% how that will work, I would probably want to search the whole document for any (name) properties starting with wte/txt/cbo/wde/mle then save those names into an array? So when I want to dump the data into a new document I could just do a For Each for the items that make up the array.

Let me know if this sounds like something that might work.

Edited by ledigeine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeeDub
      Hello,
      I'm trying to write a script to allow pause / resume of Dropbox syncing; so that Dropbox syncing can be scheduled.
      So the idea is that the script will emulate what a user would normally do by clicking on Dropbox on the System Tray and then the script will toggle the sync operation
      If Dropbox currently syncing, will pause If syncing currently paused, will resume I'm writing this script for Windows 10
      I am able to open Dropbox from the System Tray, but I can't figure out how to enumerate the controls. 
      I would have been happy with the "simple" approach of using the Autoit Window Info tool to manually identify the values for the control. But unfortunately as soon as I click on the Finder Tool the Dropbox window closes.
      I then tried enumerating the controls with my script.
      I have experimented with a couple of scripts that others have shared, which while they don't error; don't return any values for the Controls.
      So at the moment I'm stuck and I'm after some ideas
      Is there a way to use a Windows Viewer tool with an app like Dropbox that doesn't remain visible?  (I had a quick look but could not find a solution) If I need to enumerate the controls myself, here is my current script. I'm using _EnumChildWindows from here #include <Array.au3> #include <GuiToolBar.au3> #include <_EnumChildWindows.au3> Local $hSysTray_Handle Local $hWnd="",$hControl=0,$sTitle=0,$sClass=0,$aEnumList Local $hNumber1Button=-1,$hNumber4Button=-1,$hPlusButton=-1,$hEqualButton=-1 $sSearchtext='Dropbox' $iButton=Get_SysTray_IconText($sSearchtext) _GUICtrlToolbar_ClickButton($hSysTray_Handle, $iButton, "left", False, 1) ; MsgBox (64,'Searched Button','Button: '&$iButton&@CRLF&'Instance: '&@extended) If WinActivate($hSysTray_Handle, "") Then ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Dropbox Window activated") ; Check Dropbox status - Either: ; 'Up to date' (i.e. syncing) ; 'Syncing paused' (paused) $hWnd = $hSysTray_Handle ; Important to wait for the window to fully 'create' itself before getting child windows! ; Note that other processes that become activated somewhere between WinWait and this will cause WinWaitActive() to wait for manual activation ;WinWaitActive($hWnd) ; bad idea in busy environment Sleep(3000) WinActivate($hWnd) ; this seems to be a better alternative, the window seems fully created after this is called in my tests ; Parameters to function ;$hControl=HWnd(0x########) ;$sTitle="^(\d|\+|=)$" ; PCRE - gets controls with numbers, + or = sign only (problem: no instance #'s!) ;$sClass="Button" $aEnumList=_EnumChildWindows($hWnd,$hControl,$sTitle,$sClass) ;,2) for RegExp Title If @Error Then Exit ; Find specific items [Certain versions of Calc won't return any text] For $i=1 to $aEnumList[0][0] Switch $aEnumList[$i][4] Case "1" $hNumber1Button=$aEnumList[$i][0] ConsoleWrite("'1' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][3]&"]"&@CRLF) Case "4" $hNumber4Button=$aEnumList[$i][0] ConsoleWrite("'4' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][3]&"]"&@CRLF) Case "+" $hPlusButton=$aEnumList[$i][0] ConsoleWrite("'+' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][3]&"]"&@CRLF) Case "=" $hEqualButton=$aEnumList[$i][0] ConsoleWrite("'=' Advanced Mode Name (in current state): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:"&$aEnumList[$i][3]&"]"&@CRLF) EndSwitch Next ; Add Headers $aEnumList[0][0]="Handle" $aEnumList[0][1]="Classname" $aEnumList[0][2]="Control ID" $aEnumList[0][3]="Iteration" $aEnumList[0][4]="Title/Text" ; Bring the window forward WinActivate($hWnd) ; Perform a simple calculation to show interaction If $hNumber1Button<>-1 Then ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hNumber1Button,"primary",3) ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hNumber4Button) Sleep(1000) ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hPlusButton) Sleep(1000) ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hNumber4Button,"primary",2) ; double click, but that's fine Sleep(1000) ControlClick($hWnd,"",$hEqualButton) EndIf ; And Display ALL Enumerated Windows _ArrayDisplay($aEnumList,"Enumerated controls for App") Else MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONERROR, "Error", "Dropbox Window not activated") EndIf Func Get_SysTray_IconText($sSearch) For $i = 1 To 99 ; Find systray handles $hSysTray_Handle = ControlGetHandle('[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]', '', '[Class:ToolbarWindow32;Instance:' & $i & ']') ; ConsoleWrite ("Handle: " & $hSysTray_Handle & @CRLF) If @error Then ;MsgBox(16, "Error", "System tray not found") ExitLoop EndIf ; Get systray item count Local $iSysTray_ButCount = _GUICtrlToolbar_ButtonCount($hSysTray_Handle) ConsoleWrite("iSysTray_ButCount: " & $iSysTray_ButCount & @CRLF ) If $iSysTray_ButCount = 0 Then ;MsgBox(16, "Error", "No items found in system tray") ContinueLoop EndIf Local $aSysTray_ButtonText[$iSysTray_ButCount] ; Look for wanted tooltip For $iSysTray_ButtonNumber = 0 To $iSysTray_ButCount - 1 ConsoleWrite("iSysTray_ButtonNumber: " & $iSysTray_ButtonNumber & " Button_Text: " & _GUICtrlToolbar_GetButtonText($hSysTray_Handle, $iSysTray_ButtonNumber) & @CRLF ) If $sSearch= StringLeft(_GUICtrlToolbar_GetButtonText($hSysTray_Handle, $iSysTray_ButtonNumber),StringLen($sSearch)) Then ConsoleWrite("Button Text: " & $sSearch & " Handle: " & $hSysTray_Handle & " Button Number: " & $iSysTray_ButtonNumber & @CRLF) Return SetError(0, $i, $iSysTray_ButtonNumber) EndIf Next Next Return SetError(1, -1, -1) EndFunc ;==>Get_SysTray_IconText Thanks,
      VW 
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs, i've created a tool to the blind users, this tool helps the blind to listen to a audio effect when moving between the GUIs controls on they computers
      where this tool can get the class for the current focus control and play a sound from a folder
      i've added all the knowne classes, but i found some problems i hope any one can help me.
      this is the code that i created

#include <WinAPISys.au3> Global $h_CurrentHWNDFocus = "", $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus = "" AdlibRegister("WindowAudioFocus", 50) Func WindowAudioFocus()     Local $h_NewHWNDFocus = WinGetHandle("[active]", "")     Local $h_NewControlHWNDFocus = ControlGetFocus($h_NewHWNDFocus, "")     If ($h_NewHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentHWNDFocus) And ($h_NewControlHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus) Then Return 0     AdlibUnRegister("WindowAudioFocus")     If Not ($h_NewHWNDFocus = $h_CurrentHWNDFocus) Then         SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\WindowChanged.wav")     Else         Switch _WinAPI_GetClassName(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus))             Case "Button", "Start", "TrayButton", "TrayShowDesktopButtonWClass", "sbutton", "CirrussButton", "ODbcButton", "ThunderRTCommandButton", "ThunderSSOption", "ThunderSSCommand", "ThunderCommandButton", "ThunderRT6CommandButton", "ThunderRT5CommandButton", "TButton", "TBitBtn", "TAdvGlowButton", "ButtonWndClass", "afx:0:376:baa946", "_AOL_Button"                 If _IsCheckBox(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus)) Then                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\checkBox.wav")                 ElseIf _IsRadio(ControlGetHandle($h_NewHWNDFocus, "", $h_NewControlHWNDFocus)) Then                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\radio.wav")                 Else                     SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\button.wav")                 EndIf             Case "ComboBox", "ComboBoxEx32", "MSOBALLOONREComboBox20W", "REComboBox20W", "ThunderComboBox", "ThunderDriveListBox", "ThunderRT6ComboBox", "TORComboEdit", "TCombobox", "TComboBoxEx", "TORComboBox", "TColorBox", "TNFComboBox", "Internet Explorer_TridentCmbobx", "ComboWndClass", "_AOL_ComboBox", "ThunderRT5ComboBox", "ComboLBox"                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\list.wav")             Case "Edit", "SearchBox", "TChatRichEdit", "_WwN", "_WwO", "RichEdit20A", "RichEdit20WPT", "RICHEDIT60W", "OKttbx", "RichEditA", "ThunderTextBox", "ThunderRT6TextBox", "ThunderRT5TextBox", "TEdit", "TRichEdit", "TRichEditViewer", "TMemo", "TInplaceEditList", "TLabeledEdit", "TMaskEdit", "TDateTimePicker", "TRichEdit", "TCaptionMemo", "TAddictRichEdit", "TCaptionEdit", "RichTextWndClass", "TextWndClass", "PasswordWndClass", "TextAreaWndClass", "MSWorksDoc", "_AOL_Edit", "SysDateTimePick32"                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\edit.wav")             Case "ListBox", "ComboLBox", "REListBox20W", "SUPERGRID", "OUTEXVLB", "WMSUIVLB", "SchdmapiVLB", "VLBClass", "ThunderDirListBox", "ThunderFileListBox", "ThunderListBox", "ThunderRT6ListBox", "ThunderRT5ListBox", "TListbox", "TValueListEditor", "TORCalendar", "TColorListBox", "TCheckListBox", "Internet Explorer_TridentLstBox", "ListBoxWndClass", "ListWndClass", "hh_kwd_vlist", "afx:8:376:0:946", "_AOL_ListBox", "_AOL_Tree", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\List.wav")             Case "SysListView32", "OpenListView", "wuDuiListView", "ListView20WndClass", "TcxGridSite", "TListView", "TSystemListView", "ListViewWndClass", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\ListView.wav")             Case "SysTreeView32", "SearchTreeList", "FeatureTree", "TreeView20WndClass", "TSystemTreeView", "TTreeView", ""                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\TreeView.wav")             Case Else                 SoundPlay(@ScriptDir & "\focus_Audio\focus.wav")         EndSwitch     EndIf     $h_CurrentHWNDFocus = $h_NewHWNDFocus     $h_CurrentControlHWNDFocus = $h_NewControlHWNDFocus     AdlibRegister("WindowAudioFocus", 50)     Return 1 EndFunc   ;==>WindowAudioFocus Func _IsCheckBox($ctrl_hwnd)     $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE)     Return BitAND($Style, $BS_CHECKBOX) = $BS_CHECKBOX EndFunc   ;==>_IsCheckBox Func _IsRadio($ctrl_hwnd)     $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($ctrl_hwnd, $GWL_STYLE)     Return BitAND($Style, $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON) = $BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON EndFunc   ;==>_IsRadio
      what i need from you is :
      play a sound when a menu item focus, that sound named menu.wav
      play a sound named items.wav when the users move on list box items or list view or treeview items or a combobox items
      please if can any one help me i'll very happy
      thanks on advance
    • By timmy2
      I have the impression that the traditional method for processing responses to a GUI is to assign variables to each GUICreateButton (or Pic) and then use Switch/Case/Endswitch to detect when any Control is clicked.  In the tutorials I've seen about Koda it appears to use this method, too.
      While 1 Global $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Pic2 Call("verizon") Case $Pic3 Call("skype") Case $PicExit Exit EndSwitch WEnd But in a few examples I've seen a script use a different method. The script always includes the following option near the top:
      Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ...and then, later, after creating each Control for the GUI, there's the function, GUICtrlSetOnEvent.  In these cases a very simple While/WEnd loop is used to wait for the user to respond. 
      I happened to employ this second method in a recent script where I used "canned" controls (checkbox and buttons). Later in the same script I used the GuiCreatePic and Switch/Case/EndSwitch method because my GUI was all custom images. (I'm not sure if that's necessary, but it's what I've deduced.) The second GUI failed to respond to any mouse clicks, but eventually I figured out the cause was the GUIOnEvenMode being enabled at the top of the script.
      This is when I realized I don't understand the reasoning behind choosing between these two methods. And I'm having no luck phrasing an appropriate search criterion. Is there an overview somewhere that explains the two methods and -- most importantly -- describes when each is appropriate?
    • By guinness
      #include <Array.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ; Proof of concept for using the control id as an index item for an array. I created back on 8th April 2013. Example() Func Example() ; Create the GUI. Local $iHeight = 400, $iWidth = 400 Local $hGUI = GUICreate('', $iWidth, $iHeight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; Declare variables to be used throughout the example. Local Const $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS = 8 Local Enum $eCTRL_HWND, $eCTRL_VALUE, $eCTRL_MAX Local $aMsg[1][$eCTRL_MAX], _ $iButtonHeight = $iHeight / $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS, _ $iButtonWidth = $iWidth / $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS, _ $iControlID = 0 For $i = 0 To $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS - 1 For $j = 0 To $BUTTON_ROWS_COLUMNS - 1 $iControlID = GUICtrlCreateButton($i & ',' & $j, $i * $iButtonWidth, $j * $iButtonHeight, $iButtonWidth, $iButtonHeight, $BS_CENTER) ; Increase the size of the array if the control id is greater than or equal to the total size of the array. If $iControlID >= UBound($aMsg) Then ReDim $aMsg[Ceiling($iControlID * 1.3)][$eCTRL_MAX] EndIf ; Add to the array. $aMsg[$iControlID][$eCTRL_HWND] = GUICtrlGetHandle($iControlID) $aMsg[$iControlID][$eCTRL_VALUE] = 'Sample string for the control id: ' & $iControlID Next Next ; Clear empty items after the last created control id. ReDim $aMsg[$iControlID + 1][$eCTRL_MAX] ; Display the array created. _ArrayDisplay($aMsg) Local $iMsg = 0 While 1 $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $iMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $aMsg[$eCTRL_HWND][$eCTRL_HWND] To UBound($aMsg) ; If $iMsg is greater than 0 and between the 0th index of $aMsg and the last item then display in the console. If $iMsg > 0 Then ConsoleWrite('Control Hwnd: ' & $aMsg[$iMsg][$eCTRL_HWND] & ', ' & $aMsg[$iMsg][$eCTRL_VALUE] & @CRLF) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
    • By dadalt
      Hi!
      I have a button where I need to close it!
      I was doing through  clicking same position in screen but there are some id's that have different sizes.
      What are the possible ways to click this closable button?
      Is there a way to close it through id? Is there a way to get it's position through it's ID?  
      Thanks in advance!