Local $_X = @DesktopWidth - 100
Local $_Y = @DesktopHeight - 60

While 1
 If $tip = 20 Then ExitLoop
 ToolTip("Seconds: " & $tip, $_X, $_Y)
 $tip += 1
 Sleep(1000)
WEnd

everytime i run this and i am on fullscreen applications, not windowed, i will see the size of the tooltip on my screen in black and if i click it, it will tab me on the tooltip.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Edited by AutID

Don't click on it?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

you could have the tooltip go away if the mouse gets too close to it. Thats what i did for my Pandora UDF. i had a tooltip that had the current song, artist, current play time and if i had liked the song or not. used it for when i would play games and listen to pandora, if i clicking on the tooltip it would window out of the game.

So i made a buffer of 100 pixels in any direction of the tooltip so ya if the mouse came close it you make it go away and once i was outside of the buffer area it put it back.

A tooltip is a window, so clicking on it will probably always bring it into focus.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

A tooltip is a window, so clicking on it will probably always bring it into focus.

I accept bringing it in focus but i don't want to bring it in focus while im on a fullscreen window because it will tab me.

Edit: plus i see that black window doing some wierd things with the pixels on my screen which is anoying

What Kidney proposed is a good solution but i want to find something better...

Edited by AutID

If you don't want the tooltip to display, you should make sure that it's turned off in your script. Probably use a hotkey to do this the easy way.

I rarely use fullscreen windows so it wouldn't be a problem for me but it is a project for a client and this seems to be my only problem. I hadn't notice this, it's the client who told me.

So i can't set hotkeys to turn it on/off.
A good solution is to turn it off every time the mouse goes close to the tooltip area to avoid clicking it but this doesn't solves my problem with the pixels on the screen...

So i am open for other suggestion.

you can have a loop that constantly checks to see what window has focus and if the current window losses focus to the tooltip then it would activate the previously focused window. honestly tho, the pixel buffer I use works awesome.

the only issue with the buffer is that if you move the mouse too quickly it wont hide it fast enough. you can tweak it tho by increasing the buffer area.