How to find Obj functions??

Kidney

Go to solution Solved by trancexx,

Started looking at the Obj functions and i want to start playing around with them but im trying to figure out how to find the functions associated with the Obj that is created.

For example, in an iTunes UDF it has things like: $Library_Tracks = $iTunesApp.LibraryPlaylist.Tracks

How do i find out what properties that each obj has?? like the ".LibraryPlaylist.Tracks"

Im guessing there is some tool that can assist in finding these out? or doi need to go searching for these somewhere??

Thx!

Either search the docu of the manufacturer or use an Object Browser.

IIRC there are some threads about Object Browsers on the forum.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Solution

There are different tools for that, some of which are written in AutoIt. My favorite is TYPELIB Viewer written by this girl drinking hot chocolate right now, ...uhm go figure.

So, what you would have to do is run something like this:

$oObj = ObjCreate("iTunes.Application") ; or whatever
$sFile = ObjName($oObj, 4) ; file with interfaces definitions

ConsoleWrite($sFile & @CRLF)
MsgBox(4096, "", $sFile)
Then find script called TLBViewer.au3 in examples forum, run it and load it with the file that you got (you can just drop the file onto the window or use "open" button). Then the script will extract all the available info about the object of your interest and display it. You can then copy text, or whatever, and save it to some file for further inspection.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE