Get ListView items from "hidden" window

nitro322

I'm writing a file submission utility, in which users run the program, add files to a ListView, then click submit. After submit is clicked, the Window containing the ListView will go away (since it's no longer needed), then a progress window will appear listing the progress and current file being uploaded.

However, I'm having a problem with _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText(). I'm using code similar to the following to loop through the list of files added to the ListView:

for $i = 0 to _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount($upload) - 1
    msgbox(0,'',_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($upload, $i, 0, $title, "This utility"))
next

This works perfectly fine, as long as the window is visible. However, as I said, I want to hide this window before proceeding with the upload. If I set GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) before running that loop, it will get the correct ItemCount, but it will not return the proper ItemText. Instead of filenames, it simply returns 1 for every item. I've tried both specifying the window text (as above) and leaving it blank, but no luck either way.

How can I work around this? I've done some experimenting, but I have not yet been able to find a way to read the ListView items from a "hidden" window. This seems like a bug in _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount(), but of course it's possible that I'm not using it properly. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by nitro322

Thanks for the tip. I started investigating this command, and figured out how to get the information I need, but I'm still having a problem. For example:

msgbox(0, "GetItemCount1", ControlListView($title, "", $upload, "GetItemCount"))
GUIDelete()
msgbox(0, "GetItemCount2", ControlListView($title, "", $upload, "GetItemCount"))
progresson($title, "FTP upload progress", "Uploading ", -1, $height, 16)
msgbox(0, "GetItemCount3", ControlListView($title, "", $upload, "GetItemCount"))

In the above code, the the problem I had last time (with _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount) occured when trying to read the ListView after the GUIDelete() line. So, only GetItemCount1. Using ControlListView, I'm now able to get both GetItemCount1 and GetItemCount2 to display properly; however, the command is still failing after I set enable the progress window. I'll still need someway to access this data after the progresson() function, as represented by GetItemCount3.

Do you have any other suggestions? I experimented again with diffirent combinations of title and text arguments for ControlListView(), but I couldn't get anything to work for GetItemCount3. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.