AutoIt v3.3.10.2 / AutoIt3Wrapper installer fails

Crumbler

I've been using AutoIt for years and I love it, but the v3.3.10.2 installer fails while installing the AutoIt3Wrapper.

I tried the installer several times and got the same result. I tried the zip and it doesn't allow me to run scripts, not even a simple message box script. I also tried the beta and the scite installer. I've updated windows installer to 4.5.

It seems the wrapper just will not work on XP SP3, or am I still missing something?

Edited by Melba23
Altered title - see below

• Moderators

Crumbler,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

The AutoIt 3.3.10.2 installer only installs SciTE-Lite - you do not get AutoIt3Wrapper or any of the other fancy tools unless you also install the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer after having installed AutoIt. But I think you know that already. ;)

So which installer is failing? AutoIt or SciTE4AutoIt3? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Crumbler,

Are these the installers you downloaded from this site? Do you have permission to install the software in the folders to which you are trying to install it? What errors is Windows giving? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Yes, everything was downloaded here, and it's not a permission problem.

Do you want the mile long error report?

from scite Tools > Go, I get this.

MsgBox(0, "Test", "just a test")

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:Documents and Settings~~~DesktopTest.au3" /UserParams    
>Exit code: -1073741795    Time: 3.877

I'm sorry, I know you are used to working with people who have more knowledge about this type stuff. I tried to get AutoIt to work for several hours (most of a day) by my self. I just didn't want to bother you all with my ignorance.

• Moderators

Crumbler,

I'm sorry, I know you are used to working with people who have more knowledge about this type stuff

Stop worrying - I have no idea what is going on here either! :D

We will have to wait for the resident SciTE guru to come online - I have altered the title of thread to attract his attention. ;)

M23

Spoiler

What if you just run your script from explorer, does that work?

Yes, it works that way.

I just reinstalled AutoIt and I can run scripts from scite, but the tools are gone. Then I installed SciTE4AutoIT3 and during the install windows had that same error for AutoIt3Wrapper. Now I have the tools, but I can't run scripts from scite. Many of the tools give that same windows error.

Windows gives the error on Go, SyntaxCheckProd and almost all of the tools, but I guess that's to be expected if AutoIt3Wrapper doesn't install correctly.

• Developers

During the install of SciTE4AutoIt3 you got these errors?

Is there an issue with your AntiVirus detecting the autoit3wrapper script exe as a virus?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Jos,

I see the title ploy worked perfectly. ;)

M23

Spoiler

During the install of SciTE4AutoIt3 you got these errors?

Is there an issue with your AntiVirus detecting the autoit3wrapper script exe as a virus?

Jos

I'm not positive it's exactly the same, but it gives a windows error like that.

It's not a antivirus problem.

SciTE4AutoIt3 will work on 32 bit XP SP 3, right?

Does SciTE4AutoIt3 have any special requirements? Maybe something that I don't have installed?

• Developers

Then i understand the issue. The version in the installer is compiled with 3.3.10.0, which had an issue hard crashing compiled scripts.

I totally forgot about recompiling and uploading a newer version to avoid this problem.

Will try to do this soon when i have my pc available again.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Then i understand the issue. The version in the installer is compiled with 3.3.10.0, which had an issue hard crashing compiled scripts.

I totally forgot about recompiling and uploading a newer version to avoid this problem.

Will try to do this soon when i have my pc available again.

Jos

Thank you! I was holding my breath and hoping you wouldn't tell me it just wouldn't work.

Thanks everyone for your assistance, I really appreciate it!

• Developers

Could you try the version of Autoit3Wrapper available in the beta dir: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3 ?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.