Autoitdll

whyme

Will there be an AutoIt3DLL for VB6? and if so what will be included in the dll, And also will we be able to freely use and distribute the dll with programs we make?

Edited by whyme

• Administrators

I've moved the DLL stuff into AutoItX - which is pretty cool as you can use it either as an activex control or a standard DLL. And it helps me as I don't have to maintain two seperate products.

The beta just went up today and is at http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/files/unstable/autoitx/

I've uploaded the AutoIt3.h and AutoItX3.lib files to support standard DLL operation. The files will be changing lots at the moment as I'm in full coding mode :whistle: But within a few hours of this post they should be fairly stable.

As for the license. It is my intention that you can use the dll in products however you see fit (unless you change the source code, etc,). But I get the sneaky suspicion that the GPL has a problem with this so I may have to have AutoItX under a different license.

Either way, use it like that: free to use in any application as long as you don't modify the source of AutoItX.

Edit: I've only supplied the C header files so far so you've have to make your own VB declarations. And if you do, send them to me for inclusion for others B)

Edited by Jon

I will send it to you when I am done, I work nights so no much time, here is what I have so far. Not much I know I will work on it as much as I can, Some of AutoItDLLDecl.bas will work just need to point to AutoItX3.dll and change Alias "AUTOIT to Alias "AU3. Most Win commands, Shutdown, send and so forth work.

Declare Sub ControlClick Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_ControlClick" (ByVal szTitle As String, ByVal szText As String, ByVal szControl As String, ByVal szButton As String, ByVal nNumClicks As Long)

Declare Sub ControlCommand Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_ControlCommand" (ByVal szTitle As String, ByVal szText As String, ByVal szControl As String, ByVal szCommand As String, ByVal szExtra As String, ByVal szResult As String)

Declare Sub ControlDisable Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_ControlDisable" (ByVal szTitle As String, ByVal szText As String, ByVal szControl As String)

Declare Sub ProcessClose Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_ProcessClose" (ByVal szProcess As String)

Declare Function ProcessExists Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_ProcessExists" (ByVal szProcess As String) As Long

Declare Sub ProcessWait Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_ProcessWait" (ByVal szProcess As String, ByVal nTimeout As Long)

Declare Sub ProcessWaitClose Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_ProcessWaitClose" (ByVal szProcess As String, ByVal nTimeout As Long)

Declare Sub Run Lib "AutoItX3.dll" Alias "AU3_Run" (ByVal szRun As String, ByVal szDir As String, ByVal nShowFlags As Long)