Embedded IE - Copying content

Hello,

I have a problem with an embedded IE and AutoIt in last version:
I recently upgraded to AutoIt version 3.3.10.2 and since it's impossible to "copy" the content of an embedded IE.
(It works fine with autoit 3.3.8.1)

Example with this code :
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

GUICreate("Embedded IE Test", 640, 480, -1, -1)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Close")
Global $oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 640, 480)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$oIE.navigate("http://www.autoitscript.com")

While 1
    sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Close()
    Exit
EndFunc

If you try to copy some text from IE in notepad, you can't.

I have the same problem with the IE UDF.

Does anyone has the same problem?
How to solve this problem with AutoIt 3.3.10.2 ?

Thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with an embedded IE and AutoIt in last version:
I recently upgraded to AutoIt version 3.3.10.2 and since it's impossible to "copy" the content of an embedded IE.
(It works fine with autoit 3.3.8.1)

Example with this code :
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Close()
    Exit
EndFunc

If you try to copy some text from IE in notepad, you can't.

I have the same problem with the IE UDF.

Does anyone has the same problem?
How to solve this problem with AutoIt 3.3.10.2 ?

Thanks

Firstly, you're wrong, and secondly, please post the code you tried that led you to make those claims, and you'll get some help.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

I use an embedded IE object to view this site (the Deal-A-Day script in my signature), and have also seen this behavior on 3.3.10.0

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

From what I gather, the OP is stating that, when using an embedded IE object, he is unable to copy text on a webpage inside the object and then paste to another application such as Notepad. If, for example, I attempt to copy your previous post and copy into another application (be it Word, Notepad, etc.) it will not do so if I am running the site inside an embedded IE object.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

Quite odd then as it has always and still does work for me.

#include <misc.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Close")

Local $TOOLS[10]
Global Enum $output1,$output2,$output3,$output4
$TOOLS[1] = "one"
$TOOLS[2] = "two"
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Close()
    ControlClick("Embedded IE Test", "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]")
    Sleep(200)
    Send("^a")
    Sleep(200)
    Send("^c")
    Run("Notepad.exe")
    WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
    WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad")
    Sleep(200)
    Send("^v")
    Exit
EndFunc

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

• Moderators

Definitely odd, as your script does not work for me. Just out of curiosity, what OS, IE and bitness are you on?

I'm on win7 32, the IE I have is 10, but I don't think IE matters, as the activeX web browser object is IE 7 as far as I know.

#include <IE.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

Local $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
GUICreate("Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, _
        (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, _
        $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360)

GUISetState() ;Show GUI

_IENavigate($oIE, "about:blank")

Local $aVersion = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "appversion")

ConsoleWrite($aVersion & @LF)

Result: "4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0...."

Hello,

I just did the test on other computers and the result is the same : with AutoIt 3.3.10.2 copy does not work, no problem with 3.3.8.1

First computer : Win 7 64 bits French, IE 10.0.9200.16750
Second computer : Win 7 32 bits French, IE 8.0.7601.17514

Windows 7 64 bit, IE 11. Tested with AutoIt 3.3.10.2 and 3.3.11.3. Doesn't work on both versions. Windows runs in a Virutal Machine on Ubuntu.

ActiveX object: "4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; ..."

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

DW1,

Which AutoIt version?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Anyone open a bug report on this yet?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Anyone open a bug report on this yet?

I don't believe so, I noticed the OP and commented on it - I don't do that much in the way of copying back and forth so haven't submitted anything about it. I will submit one.

Edit: Before I do, I am going to try it out on my WIN7 x86 VM. Just crazy to me that it is working for JohnOne

Edited by JLogan3o13

I'm still using 3.3.8.1 though, if I run with last beta before 3.3.10 release, it does not work.

Must be a bug.

EDIT:

And a very strange one at that.

Edited by JohnOne

• Moderators

@OP, Bug Trac ticket #2639 has been created for the issue reported.

Edited by JLogan3o13

Direct link >> #2639

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

for me in #2639 only Send("^v") part do no work

but this working pretty fine on both 3.3.8.1. and 3.3.10.2

#include <misc.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Close")

;~ Local $TOOLS[10]
;~ Global Enum $output1,$output2,$output3,$output4
;~ $TOOLS[1] = "one"
;~ $TOOLS[2] = "two"
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global $GUI = GUICreate("Embedded IE Test", 640, 480, -1, -1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Close()
    ControlClick("Embedded IE Test", "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]")
    Sleep(200)
    Send("^a")
    Sleep(200)
    Send("^c")

Run(@WindowsDir & "\notepad.exe")
    WinWaitActive("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 3)
    ControlSetText("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", ClipGet() )

;   Run("Notepad.exe")
 ;   WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
 ;   WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad")
 ;   Sleep(200)
 ;   Send("^v")
    Exit
EndFunc