World To Screen

• Moderators

GraaF1337,

I know you got rules against doing things to game, game servers and stuff and im not trying to do anything like that

Then why is every Google hit I get on "World to screen" game-related? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

GraaF1337,

Then why is every Google hit I get on "World to screen" game-related? :huh:

M23

Well thats because it's used for alot of programs for game-related things.. 

But i would really appreciate it if you or someone else could tell me how to do it :)

I guess what he asks about is an education of some 3d math functions. Perhaps he is making a demo showing rotation of 3d objects real time ?

I do not have these math skills myself, but I could imagine the formulas behind the idea to be pretty defined already based on a number of parameters.

Try asking in 3d graphics forums to get some details on projections etc.

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.

• Moderators

FlashpointBlack,

You took the words right out of my mouth! :D

GraaF1337,

In this forum I think I count as "a person of authority" - and I am definitely asking if you would please be kind enough to provide an example. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

FlashpointBlack,

You took the words right out of my mouth! :D

GraaF1337,

In this forum I think I count as "a person of authority" - and I am definitely asking if you would please be kind enough to provide an example. ;)

M23

I will and here you got it :)

I guess what he asks about is an education of some 3d math functions. Perhaps he is making a demo showing rotation of 3d objects real time ?

I do not have these math skills myself, but I could imagine the formulas behind the idea to be pretty defined already based on a number of parameters.

Try asking in 3d graphics forums to get some details on projections etc.

How did you guess that? :o

• Moderators

GraaF1337,

Fine. :)

What have you got as code so far? :huh:

M23

Spoiler

Well thats because it's used for alot of programs for game-related things.. 

But i would really appreciate it if you or someone else could tell me how to do it :)

You're being evasive.  Only one reason to be evasive really.  Also, most of us aren't going to provide a working solution without any hint of effort from your end.  But there are a few here who think they're being helpful by providing solutions so you might get lucky.

GraaF1337,

Fine. :)

What have you got as code so far? :huh:

M23

None because i have no idea how to do a world to screen func and in every single other post about it you say that we arent allowed because it breaks the rules because they wanted to for games.. So i got notthing and it kinda pisses me of because i can't find anything about world to screen

• Moderators

GraaF1337,

You are not helping your cause here. If these other posts are what you want to do then you seem to admit that this is what you are trying to do yourself - and that is not allowed here as you well know. ;)

How about a concrete example of what you want to do with this function. From what "3D world" do you wish to convert the coordinates into "2D screen" ones? Explain it in English so that we can see what you are trying to do - then we might be more convinced that you are on the level (pun fully intended). ;)

M23

Spoiler

GraaF1337,

You are not helping your cause here. If these other posts are what you want to do then you seem to admit that this is what you are trying to do yourself - and that is not allowed here as you well know. ;)

How about a concrete example of what you want to do with this function. From what "3D world" do you wish to convert the coordinates into "2D screen" ones? Explain it in English so that we can see what you are trying to do - then we might be more convinced that you are on the level (pun fully intended). ;)

M23

Okay you want to know what im going to do with this but i bet you wont help once you know what im going to use it for..

At my school our teacher is doing a competition to see who know the most about coding language so he told us that we can chose from 4 programs: Delphi 8, C#, C++, Autoit.

This hole competition is to see who can do the best job at pinning down a point in a third dimensional world, and then mark it with a circle.. But i as i just started at my class and i didn't want to look like a newbie i might have bragged abit about how good i was in Autoit, that's the hole reason our teacher allowed us to do this in Autoit, we dont normally use it in out class. But i had no clue that he would set up a competition. So im kinda screwed and i CAN'T lose face now because if i do im going to hear about this for the next 2 years.. So im kinda begging you.. I only got a small knowledge about Autoit, but i dont know anything about the other programs as i just started at the school..

Just me, but I highly doubt a competition would be held in a school on how to pin down a 3D point on a 2D screen when there's a function that you just have to plug variables into. Just throwing that out there. if a competition were to be held for such a thing, they aren't testing your ability to call someone else's function from one line of code and draw a circle with another, they'll be expecting you to figure out the mathematics behind it in which case calling a function won't help.

feel free to moderate this.

pinning down a point in a third dimensional world, and then mark it with a circle.

If you just need to mark it in screenshots, 3D does not matter.  And if this object that needs painting happens to be a different color, this task is monumentally easier to accomplish than the one you are asking.

Have you even taken the first steps of working towards being able to mark an object on a simple image?  or are you expecting all of this to be provided?

If you need to have this item painted inside the 3D world, you would be hard pressed to defend your knowledge of the code.

"I plugged x,y, and z, into this func and BAM!"

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

If you just need to mark it in screenshots, 3D does not matter.  And if this object that needs painting happens to be a different color, this task is monumentally easier to accomplish than the one you are asking.

Have you even taken the first steps of working towards being able to mark an object on a simple image?  or are you expecting all of this to be provided?

If you need to have this item painted inside the 3D world, you would be hard pressed to defend your knowledge of the code.

"I plugged x,y, and z, into this func and BAM!"

Well as far as i know none in my class have any knowledge about Autoit and if our teacher do have any knowledge about Autoit it aint much, so thats why i just want a simple world to screen func so i can input the x,y,z and then compile it bring it into my class and i can pretty much tell them anything and they dont know anything about Autoit so they can't say that im wrong.. Yes i know this is kinda a way of cheating in the competition but i dont care i need to win, and i hope you understand :-/