Windows 8 error on compiled + Code check please

AutID

Hello,

I was creating a small script about an mp3 player application that a friend made lately. I basically did this just to try the win-functions of autoit and for expirience.
It was fun i can say ;)

So when i run the script on my computer win 7 x32 it works fine(well 90% fine thats why i would really appreciate if someone could check the code and note the mistakes). When i compiled and used it on my laptop windows 8 x32 i got an error  saying that something went wrong with this application and it will close, the message is in french since i am french :D

The script gets the artist of the current song playing and downloads a random mp3 of the artist. And when a song that is banned from my list start it just mutes the ac_client and starts my song. Then it restarts ac_client.

I did this for my parents that are not very good at using a cpu and can't make their own playlist. I have thousands of songs stored in their cpu downloaded from bearshare and it is difficult for them to learn creating a playlist etc. So instead of going to their appartement and creating a playilist every once in a while i thought about this solution.

Please check the code and let me know what is going on.

I would love if someone could tell me why the code crashes on windows 8 and if you could help me clean up the script.

Cheers.

ac_client.au3

Edited by AutID

You should read up on regular expressions to replace the dozens of StringReplace you have.

As for debugging the script, it would take too much time, considering it's size and specific functionality. You should log stuff to the console or an ini to see where things start going wrong.

Also, this script contains music piracy functions :pirate:

I have already done debugging with the console of scite. No need to use an ini.
The script works well on my windows 7 but it messes up on windows 8. And that is what I am asking.

But maybe I should add a debugging with an ini file for the compiled version of this script.
Music piracy functions would mean to download music from non-legal sites. If you want you can check these sites existing in the script. They are legal site for free music download.
Thank you for the help.

Btw I don't want help for the download functions. I just added them inside so the script runs without errors.

I can't run this because the script checks to see if there's a window titled ac_client found.  Is there supposed to be another program that runs bfore this is run?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I can't run this because the script checks to see if there's a window titled ac_client found.  Is there supposed to be another program that runs bfore this is run?

Yes it is. An simple mp3 player a friend created. If you read through the 50 first lines of the code it is quite easy to understand what this code does.

I basically read the title of the window that contains the singer + the song to be able to handle it.