Run exe in several Terminal Services simultaneously

Rury

Go to solution Solved by orbs,

Hey folks...

Well, I've started using AutoIt a few months ago and I'm planning on using it to help me at work.
What I need now is to know if it is possible for me to open 5 Terminal Services and in each one run the exe file of my script. My script takes about 20 min to finish, so I need to run them simultaneously to test my DB performance.
Is there anyway to do that? As far as I know it's not possible, but I know very little about it.
Any help would be great

Thanks a lot.

PS.: If there's any English mistake, I'm sorry, It's not my main language...I'm brazilian. 

hello Rury, welcome to AutoIt and to the forum!

simple solution: put a shortcut to your script in all users startup folder, then open the sessions. the few seconds interval between sessions opening should not make much of a difference to a 20-minute script.

(i guess you men to open the sessions manually)

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Yes, I intend to open them manually and then run the script. But, I tried once with one session opened and didn't work. The script stops running in the session.
How can I do to let it running on a session, open another one and keep the script running at the first session simultaneously with the second script which  I'll open at the second session? 
And yes, 1-minute delay makes no diference to me.

Obs.: My script needs to open and send some information to a software.

• Solution

anything running in the user context will terminate when the user terminates the session. you'll have to open a session, run the script, minimize the session, start the next session, etc. while the scripts are running, visit every session to prevent it from closing automatically. when all is done, quit every session in order.

if the script terminates before session is terminated, check your script to see why.

alternatively, you can launch the script several times on the same session. performance-wise there should be only little difference, so if you're worried, launch it 10 times. or 100 times.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

• 2 weeks later...