Multiple GUI windows

blink314

I've searched in the help file and on the forums here but still cant figure this out. I have a GUI window I made ($main) and at some point I create and bring another GUI window to the front ($GUI2). I can work with GUI2 as much as I want, I can even close it... but I cannot get focus to go back to Main. I've tried using GUISwitch after closing GUI2, I've tried using GUISetState... nothing works. I am using events for Main and while I tried to have GUI2 use events, GUI2 wouldnt even work. Once I used events on Main and Polling on GUI2, GUI2 works fine, but I still cant get back to Main correctly.

The example in the helpfile, while it creates another GUI, does not actually show it so I'm lost there. Any suggestions?

Kevin

posting the code you can't get to work would help, here's an example, not using the OnEvent tho.

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

$main = GUICreate("MyGUI", 392, 322)

$Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Input", 140, 190, 70, 30)

GUISetState()
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $Button_1
            GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE, $main)
            _Input()
            GUISetState(@SW_ENABLE, $main)
            GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
        Case Else
      ;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

Func _Input()
    $popup = GUICreate("PopUP", 191, 85, -1, -1, $WS_DLGFRAME, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

$Input_1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input1", 0, 0, 180, 20)
    $Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 60, 40, 60, 20)

GUISetState()
    While 1
        $msg2 = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg2 = $Button_2
                ExitLoop
            Case Else
          ;;;
        EndSelect
    WEnd
    GUIDelete($popup)
EndFunc;==>_Input

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I've searched in the help file and on the forums here but still cant figure this out.  I have a GUI window I made ($main) and at some point I create and bring another GUI window to the front ($GUI2).  I can work with GUI2 as much as I want, I can even close it... but I cannot get focus to go back to Main.  I've tried using GUISwitch after closing GUI2, I've tried using GUISetState... nothing works.  I am using events for Main and while I tried to have GUI2 use events, GUI2 wouldnt even work.  Once I used events on Main and Polling on GUI2, GUI2 works fine, but I still cant get back to Main correctly.

The example in the helpfile, while it creates another GUI, does not actually show it so I'm lost there.  Any suggestions?

Kevin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to use Winactivate($GUIMAIN). The Guiswitch does not act on focus but just allow nex GUI functions to work on the specific window it is need if you want to create new control. modification working with ControlID does not even need to have a GuiSwitch before. ;)

Ok, I continued to play around and couldnt get anything to work. I did get your code to work gaFrost so I know it's my implementation! Here is a quick overview of my GUI handling. I tried various configurations of guiswitch() and winactivate() to no effect. Any further suggestions?

opt ("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$Main = GUICreate("Sort Anything!!", 600, 560, 400, 400, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "GUIevent");This line tells the GUI to close when the "X" is clicked

GUISetState(@sw_show,$Main)
While 1
    Sleep(8000)
WEnd
Exit

Func GUIevent()
    Exit
EndFunc  ;==>GUIevent

Func SomeOtherFunc()
;Pressing a button (not in this example!) on the $Main GUI brings you to this function.  It runs and then I want to display
;   the second GUI...

_2ndGUIDisplay($DataArray, $main, True, "")

Endfunc

Func _2ndGUIDisplay(ByRef $adArray, $adParentWindow,$FirstDimCol = True, $adTitle = "Display")

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 0)       ;0=disabled, 1=OnEvent mode enabled

;Layout GUI
    $MainGUI = GUICreate($adTitle, $adGUIwidth, $adGUIHeight, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_EX_TOPMOST))

GUISetState (@SW_SHOW, $Maingui)

;Wait for user to close box
    Do
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        if $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
            $AllDone = 1
        EndIf
    Until $AllDone

GUIDelete($MainGUI)

EndFunc  ;==>_2ndGUIDisplay

This works, might be a problem with switching between OnEvent and GuiEvent

CODE

;=========================================================================

opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Dim $Main = GUICreate("Sort Anything!!", 600, 560)

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "GUIevent");This line tells the GUI to close when the "X" is clicked

$button = GUICtrlCreateButton("test", 10, 10)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($button, "SomeOtherFunc")

GUISetState(@sw_show, $Main)

While 1

Sleep(250)

WEnd

Exit

Func GUIevent()

Exit

EndFunc ;==>GUIevent

Func SomeOtherFunc()

;Pressing a button (not in this example!) on the $Main GUI brings you to this function. It runs and then I want to display

; the second GUI...

GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE, $Main)

;~ _2ndGUIDisplay($DataArray, $Main, True, "")

opt("GUIOnEventMode", 0) ;0=disabled, 1=OnEvent mode enabled

_2ndGUIDisplay()

opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ;0=disabled, 1=OnEvent mode enabled

GUISetState(@SW_ENABLE, $Main)

WinActivate($Main)

EndFunc ;==>SomeOtherFunc

;~ Func _2ndGUIDisplay(ByRef $adArray, $adParentWindow, $FirstDimCol = True, $adTitle = "Display")

Func _2ndGUIDisplay($adTitle = "Display")

;Layout GUI

$ChildGUI = GUICreate($adTitle, 500, 500, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ChildGUI)

;Wait for user to close box

Do

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

GUIDelete($ChildGUI)

EndFunc ;==>_2ndGUIDisplay

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I think my problem is on the same subject as this one so I will post here. Attached is my script. I have a menu called Desktop Configuration, When I select a site (Vancouver) it brings up another GUI when I exit that GUI I no long can use any of the controls on the first GUI . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if the code is a mess Im still a newbie.. Thanks in advance for you help

-C2

: ;)

info.zip