Recorded scripts does not play in AutoIt

Hi,

i am new to Autoit and i am really happy with the potensial of the tool.. i think we can achieve a good automation coverage with this tool but i am having 2 issues with the tool.. i am hoping someone would have already solved the issue so would be able to help me. 

1- I tried to record a script using Au3Recorder of SciTe tool and tried to replay it .. it kept on failing . 

it looks like when it records it is writing  function like _WinWaitActivate which is not a function of AutoIt .. i think it uses winwaitActive function.

can someone explain why autoit is behaving like that. ? and what is the best way to use this function.

2- I am also observing if something fails in autoit. it justs stop. is there a way to do exception handling and error reporting. 

Thanks in advance, 

• Moderators

When you record something, the AU3Recorder creates the _WinWaitActivate function. Can you please post the output after you've recorder your actions?

As for error checking, look in the help file for @error and SetError. Most every function in the help file will tell you what number @error is set to, based on what went wrong.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!