BlockInput but still able to send hotkeys

Hi all,

At the moment im using AutoIt to install a bunch of software and do some routines at my office...the problem is...even though i have made a series of msgbox advising users/co-workers to not click or use the keyboard..that is being utterly ignored so what i though of was of BlockInput function...but still able to make it disable by an hotkey i define in the script...

That is not possible is it? at least i was not been able to make it work...

Can i have some ideas from you? To move the mouse to pixel 1x1 or something is not possible cause i have some movements in the script...

Thanks for your patiente.

Hi all,

At the moment im using AutoIt to install a bunch of software and do some routines at my office...the problem is...even though i have made a series of msgbox advising users/co-workers to not click or use the keyboard..that is being utterly ignored so what i though of was of BlockInput function...but still able to make it disable by an hotkey i define in the script...

Can i have some ideas from you? To move the mouse to pixel 1x1 or something is not possible cause i have some movements in the script...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you not just unblock input at end of script

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Hi all,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

even when blockinput is enabled, ctrl alt delete works, and after escaping from that screen (atleast in 2k) input is no longer blocked.

same with XP

Remarks

If BlockInput is enabled, the Alt keypress cannot be sent!

The table below shows how BlockInput behavior depends on Windows' version; however, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on any platform will re-enable input due to a Windows API feature.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Currently BlockInput() uses a DLL call (also called BlockInput) for this functionality. How much I would like to see a "HotKeySet" override for this, I don't see it as happening in the near future without figuring out a way to trap the input from keyboard and mouse

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())