Working with Split-Screen

ryanbogadi

My script uses ControlGetPos to find the coordinates of a certain control. Then I use those coordinates and add some offsets (so basically I'm finding a point relative to the coordinates of a control). Then I call MouseClick at the new coordinates. In all my previous testing, this has worked just fine. However, I tested on a split-screen (which is apparently what many of the users will be working with), and I have all sorts of issues. I have my script and my target window both running on the right screen, and something else (doesn't matter what) on the left screen. The script finds the control, does its calculations just fine, but then when it comes time to click the mouse, it jumps over to the coordinates on the left screen and clicks there. It's hitting the exact right spot, but on the wrong screen. I'm not sure what to do about this, seeing as how I have very little experience working with 2 screens at once. Any help is appreciated.

I tried using ControlClick, but in this instance the Control is actually 4 different controls. The AutoInfo program sees it as one, but it is really 4, and I want to pick one out of the 4. That is why I had to introduce an offset, so that it would click the 3rd of the 4 buttons.

I wouldn't normally "bump" my own post, but I'm working on a deadline here and I could really use some help with this. I want to tell it to click at these certain coordinates within a certain window. Is there a good way to do this? It finds the coordinates I want, but then it clicks that position on the left screen instead of the right screen (which is where the taget window is). The users will NOT move this window to the left screen. Apparently that is a big problem for them, so I need another solution. Please help me out.

I wouldn't normally "bump" my own post, but I'm working on a deadline here and I could really use some help with this. I want to tell it to click at these certain coordinates within a certain window. Is there a good way to do this? It finds the coordinates I want, but then it clicks that position on the left screen instead of the right screen (which is where the taget window is). The users will NOT move this window to the left screen. Apparently that is a big problem for them, so I need another solution. Please help me out.

Have you tried setting MouseCoordMode to use window or client mode? Look in the help file if you don't know what these are.

You can configure Au3Info to show window or client coords as well.