shiv

Hi All,

I am running my autoit script through Jenkins. but i do not understand that
1 how does .au3 file is converted to .exe file through Jenkins
2. In Jenkins job creation we have the option  of "This build is parametrized"
we have used Sting type parameter with name:
autoit_version

and with descripition
version number 0.0.0.X  (i dont understand this)

Further we have used Jenkins job option Execute window batch command and running the below batch command

cd autoIT.1.savedbuild1.0
.build-autoIT.bat %autoIT version%

I dont understand this command, is this is the command which is compiling the .au3 file to .exe if yes how?

Hey i found that "autoIT version" is not the version of autoit tool if its confusing you,it is just a label name in front of a textbox as version number 0.0.0.X, is just its description or value .

suppose we have written 1.1.2.3 in the version number. so when we trigger the build version 1.1.2.3 will get executed. But i don't know how its gets compiled

Edited by shiv

Thanks for reply.

But by giving the path to aut2exe.exe. how would it come to know that it has to compile the file and which file. there may be some code for that and in Jenkins job how can we implement that.

Well the compilation is done through aut2exe.exe in my jenkins job already. i have seen the logs and found that aut2exe is being used to compile the file.

the question is that how does the above mentioned batch file doing this

Thanks for reply.

But by giving the path to aut2exe.exe. how would it come to know that it has to compile the file and which file. there may be some code for that and in Jenkins job how can we implement that.

Well the compilation is done through aut2exe.exe in my jenkins job already. i have seen the logs and found that aut2exe is being used to compile the file.

the question is that how does the above mentioned batch file doing this

Look in "build-autoIT.bat" this batch file appears to contain the compiling code.