Lines hidden SciTE after comment?

cag8f

Quick noob question:  In SciTE, on the left hand side where it displays my line numbers, it skips numbers in some places.  I'm pretty sure this is because I commented out a block (or blocks) of code, and that the undisplayed line numbers are commented out.  But how do i get them back?  Can someone explain (or point me to a page explaining) this phenomenon?

• Developers

Does it show a character at the beginning of the line with a + in it? (Folding)

If so, click it.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

No, all +'s and -'s that expand/collapse blocks (For loops, If/Else statements, etc) are missing from the hidden lines.

and comment blocks too. I know since I wrote the lexer. ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Show me what you see because I have no idea what your problem is yet when you don't see a Fold you can expand.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I would love to share a screenshot.  How do I do that?  Clicking on 'image' in this editor only accepts a URL.  Do I have to upload my screenshot to an image sharing service, then use that URL?  There is also the 'My Media' link, but I can't figure out how to upload media to my Autoit profile.

Just attach a screenshot, like you would do other files in your post.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

Please send me the file that causes these missing line numbers so I can see it for myself, as this looks puzzling to me.

Also tell me what version you are using.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm using version 3.3.0.  

I stumbled upon a resolution/workaround to the issue.  To recap the issue, whenever I collapse a block of code then comment it, some or all of the lines become hidden (as in the screenshot I attached).  However as soon as I click on another open tab, then go back to the tab in-question, the lines are no longer hidden and SciTE works as intended.  Furthermore, when I save, close, and re-open the script, the lines are no longer hidden.  Is this expected behavior?

• Developers

I'm using version 3.3.0.  

I stumbled upon a resolution/workaround to the issue.  To recap the issue, whenever I collapse a block of code then comment it, some or all of the lines become hidden (as in the screenshot I attached).  However as soon as I click on another open tab, then go back to the tab in-question, the lines are no longer hidden and SciTE works as intended.  Furthermore, when I save, close, and re-open the script, the lines are no longer hidden.  Is this expected behavior?

Guess not :)

.. but  am still sailing blind.

I need exact steps to replicate as my crystal-ball is still in the workshop.

Also try the latest version first to see if this is a bug which was resolved by Neil in the standard distribution.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well now I can't re-create the problem.  The issue may have been because I had some unclosed IF statements.  Or because I double or even triple commented some of my lines.  Thanks for the assistance andI'll keep an eye out for the issue.