Interact with Combo boxes & edit boxes

Go to solution Solved by confuseis,

Hi All

I am looking to control the pull down menu (class: Combo box) and text input box (Class: edit)

I've tested and understood winwaitactive and sendkey but I dont know how to specify

e.g. 

context combo box, sendkey x      context  edit box sendkey    y

Ive looked online but i see scripts I dont understand as they dont have explanations

Anyone in the know?

Thanks for reading

Confuseis

Which program do you try to automate?

Send is not always reliable because the user can take away focus and then you send to the wrong window.

I suggest to use Control* functions.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Solution

Im trying to automate some windows explorer tasks so I would have to have a command to interact with the pull down menu.

[edit]

I figured this out. Was really simple, Holding down the alt key shows hidden menu's, didnt know this.

Holding alt spawns pulls down a new menu.  we then can send the appropriate key.  Below  is the solution to do this. It will interact with the map network drive pull down and text boxes

send ("{LWINDOWN}")

Send("{e down}")

Send("{e up}")

send ("{LWINup}")

WinWaitActive("Computer")

sleep(500)

send("!t")

send("n")

send("{ENTER}")

sleep(500)

Send("servershare")

sleep(500)