How do I get this element with FF

Go to solution Solved by Danp2,

the input/element code

<input type="text" name="signin[username]" class="shadow_input biginput lightgray" title="you@example.com" id="signin_username">

i have tried this but it doesn't work

#include <FF.au3>
#include <FFEx.au3>

Local $oFF = _FFStart("http://tweepi.com/auth/login")

Local $username = _FFGetValueById ($oFF,"signin_username")
_FFSetValue($username, "cdadadajhj")
Edited by Arclite86

You should be able to do this with _FFXPath, something like:

_FFXPath("//form//input[@name='signin[username]']")
_FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.value='cdadadajhj'")

it did work but it is kinda slow (wait 3-5 sec), is there a quicker way?

and can somebody please explane how this code works.

Edited by Arclite86

What you are experiencing is the initial delay where the function _FFConnect is establishing the connection to MozRepl. This should only occur once when you initiate the script.

The actual call to _FFXpath and _FFCmd runs very quickly. You can confirm this for yourself by adding a message box before the _FFXPath command or by using TimerInit() and TimerDiff().

What you are experiencing is the initial delay where the function _FFConnect is establishing the connection to MozRepl. This should only occur once when you initiate the script.

The actual call to _FFXpath and _FFCmd runs very quickly. You can confirm this for yourself by adding a message box before the _FFXPath command or by using TimerInit() and TimerDiff().

ok, can you also explane to me how the _FFXpath and _FFCmd so i can use it on other  elements

You can read the documentation for _FFXPath here. Pay particular attention to the remarks section. You will also find some examples.

could you track one more element so i am sure I understand it correctly

I need to click this button:

<a id="submit_btn" href="#x" class="btn btn_smaller 
btn_orange inline_block btn_submit_form">Login »</a>

"Doesn't work" is not an adequate description. Run the script in Scite and post the complete results from the Output window.

FWIW, I'm trying to help you. However, I won't write the script for you. ;)

ok I understand you i know you dont want to write the whole script for me, that by job, but i we can get this last fuction to work, I will know enough to learn more by my self :)

this is what is the error that I get,

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\joesoef pc\Desktop\autoit\firefox.au3" /UserParams    
+>16:07:34 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.4.4 SciTE v.3.3.7.0 ;  Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0413  Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
+>16:07:34 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\joesoef pc\Desktop\autoit\firefox.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
__FFStartProcess: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -new-window "http://tweepi.com/auth/login"  "-repl 4242 "
_FFConnect: OS: WIN_8 WIN32_NT 9200 
_FFConnect: AutoIt: 3.3.8.1
_FFConnect: FF.au3: 0.6.0.1b-10
_FFConnect: IP: 127.0.0.1
_FFConnect: Port:   4242
_FFConnect: Delay:  2ms
_FFConnect: Socket:     712
_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
__FFSendJavaScripts: Sending functions to FireFox .......... done
_FFLoadWait: . loaded in 11ms
[object XrayWrapper [object HTMLDocument]] - {location: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, getItems: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, write: function() {...}, writeln: function() {...}, ...}
__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form//input[@name='signin[username]']",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
__FFRecv: [object XrayWrapper [object HTMLInputElement]] - {stepUp: function() {...}, stepDown: function() {...}, checkValidity: function() {...}, setCustomValidity: function() {...}, select: function() {...}, setRangeText: function() {...}, setSelectionRange: function() {...}, ...}
__FFSend: try{FFau3.xpath.value='joesoef_9@hotmail.com'}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: joesoef_9@hotmail.com
__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form//input[@name='signin[password]']",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
__FFRecv: [object XrayWrapper [object HTMLInputElement]] - {stepUp: function() {...}, stepDown: function() {...}, checkValidity: function() {...}, setCustomValidity: function() {...}, select: function() {...}, setRangeText: function() {...}, setSelectionRange: function() {...}, ...}
__FFSend: try{FFau3.xpath.value='dragon86'}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: dragon86
__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//input[@id='submit_btn']",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
__FFRecv: 
__FFSend: try{FFau3.simulateEvent(FFau3.xpath,'MouseEvents','click');}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: -3
_FFClick ==> No match: $sElement: FFau3.xpath
+>16:07:43 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>16:07:43 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished..
>Exit code: 0    Time: 8.954

I would be very thankfull If you could help me with this last function

Edited by Arclite86

• Solution

You can use Firebug to get the xpath. In this case, I would use:

$oButton = _FFXPath("//input[@id='submit_btn']")
_FFClick($oButton)

Looking at the HTML code, the button is actually a link, so the correct xpath would be "//a[@id='submit_btn']".

In this case, the simple answer is to use the function _FFFormSubmit() to submit the form, so the above code isn't necessary.