Missing Functions

bob.frew

[Hi,

I hope you can point me in the right direction.

I don't think I'm missing something I know it.

I want to do some work with AutoIt to help dump some data to an Excel spreadsheet.

I found in the forums that a file _ExcelCOM had been put together to help with this. On trying to run the examples they failed saying it did not recognise the function StringRegExp.

Have downloaded latest version 3.1.1, have searched the included help file, have searched the online reference web pages all to no avail.

I have the same problem with ObjCreate, IsObj and who knows what else.

If these things are part of a version not yet released then why are they being talked about in the V3 Support forum (AutoIt and Regex). If they are part of V3.1.1 then why aren't they in the reference/ program ??

p.s. Am having fun using AutoIt and flush with the success of my first mini app. am keen to push onto bigger things.

AutoIt is great - leave me alone and I'll play for hours

[Hi,

I hope you can point me in the right direction.

I don't think I'm missing something I know it.

I want to do some work with AutoIt to help dump some data to an Excel spreadsheet.

I found in the forums that a file _ExcelCOM had been put together to help with this. On trying to run the examples they failed saying it did not recognise the function StringRegExp.

Have downloaded latest version 3.1.1, have searched the included help file, have searched the online reference web pages all to no avail.

I have the same problem with ObjCreate, IsObj and who knows what else.

If these things are part of a version not yet released then why are they being talked about in the V3 Support forum (AutoIt and Regex). If they are part of V3.1.1 then why aren't they in the reference/ program ??

p.s. Am having fun using AutoIt and flush with the success of my first mini app. am keen to push onto bigger things.

Try downloading the latest Beta

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

To explain more fully, there are two versions of AutoIt available. The first is the "standard", stable version, which is 3.1.1. The second is the more frequently-updated Beta version, which may be more unstable than the standard version, but also contains more features. Many user-created functions will only work on the latest beta version (currently version 3.1.1.75). Go here to download it:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

If you use SciTe, you will then need to choose the "Beta Run" and "Beta Help" menu choices instead of their standard counterparts.

Edited by Sokko

Many thanks for replies.

I have now installed latest beta and am away again.

I wondered whether an additionl "Beta only" page could be added to the online documentation. This at minimum could just hold a list of new things in the latest beta but not yet in the latest released version.

I this where someone says "Well if you look at this page ...." ??

Cheers Bob

AutoIt is great - leave me alone and I'll play for hours

I wondered whether an additionl "Beta only" page could be added to the online documentation. This at minimum could just hold a list of new things in the latest beta but not yet in the latest released version.

The 3.1.1++ thread will list (in a roundabout way) all of the features that have been introduced since the 3.1.1 release.