Problem with compiling

Since updating to 3.3.10.2, I have run into a problem where some of my scripts will run uncompiled, but fail when compiled ("Unable to open the script file").  Reverting to 3.3.8.1, I was able to compile the same scripts with no problem.  Re-installing 3.3.10.2 (even when manually deleting the AutoIT install directory) had the same outcome.

There are no errors in the compiling process (appears identical to success). 

I have found that when the executable is one that pops the above error, the size is always 838kb, regardless of the script itself (as if the script is ignored).  Through some testing, I found that I can get the scripts to compile and run without the error if I tack on enough includes (or one large one such as EzMySql_Dll.au3, which is 8,641kb).  This appears to have nothing to do with script-breaking changes, as it affects very simple scripts as well.  My larger scripts (2k+ lines and multiple includes) are unaffected.  A script with a single line of:

msgbox(0,"x","x")

...will not work when compiled, but the following will:

#include <EzMySql_Dll.au3>

msgbox(0,"x","x")

I am able to compile on my Windows 7 machine (3.3.10.2) without doing this, but my XP machine only makes a viable EXE when I use this workaround.   Also, if I compile with the option to create CUI instead of GUI EXE, programs work as expected (consolewrites do display and there is no error).  I've also tried using AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.4.5 (instead of v.2.1.4.4) with the same results.  AutoIT 3.3.11.3 beta has the same results as well.

Scripts compiled on the Win7 machine will run on the WinXP machine.  There has been no change in anti-virus.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this?  I am limited to XP for several more months on my work system and this is quite an annoyance.

• Moderators

As this is obviously not normal, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I've done that twice (including manually deleting the AutoIT directory under Program Files once after uninstalling.  I also tried with and without the beta installed with the same results.  Both the Win7 and XP systems were upgraded from 3.3.8.1 and everything seemed fine until I tried to resume work on a smaller script on the XP system and the compiled EXE failed. 

• Developers

Add an exception to your AV to avoid scanning the Temp directory used by the New AUT2EXE which is: %LOCALAPPDATA%AutoIt v3

See if that fixes the issue.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 7 months later...

I also have the same problem as described here. I have a Windows 7 64-bit PC, when I compile scripts using 3.3.10.2 or 3.3.12 I get the "Unable to open the script file" when I try to run the EXE; the EXE size is also 837 or 838 8KB. I haven't been able to resolve it, I just went back to v3.3.8.1 and the same scripts compile and run OK, EXE size 639KB.

• 2 months later...