phantomjs with autoit

so ive been told of the uses of phantomjs breifly from a pal on skype, and i found you could use this tool via C# - which leads me to believe it should be useable via autoit right? if someone can maybe take a detour and show me how to go about this i will make a phantomjs udf, which would be cool

• Moderators

What have you tried on your own so far? Have you read any of the online docs, done any research at all?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

What have you tried on your own so far? Have you read any of the online docs, done any research at all?

phantomjs is a headless webkit that is used often for web automation tasks obviously. i havent had much time to look at it yet but when i do ill update this thread, im fuzzy on the details i was told briefly of its uses by a friend on skype. basically, phantomjs would be like an upgrade to ie.au3, itd be faster etc.

PhantomJS can be ran via command line.  You can run it through autoit with Run()...or even just a bat file.  The scripts will be in javascript (obviously).

Download it, and it will have several examples of scripts.  We use phantomjs to run unit tests against our own websites, and output reporting via junit.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.