Child or parent process

mocro

Hello,

I have searched all the documentation and these forums but I can't manage to find anything about determining how to obtain the pid of all child process belonging to a running program.

I haven't written any code but heres a short explanation.

If I have an autoit wrapper program "foo.exe" with the following code

Run("bar.exe")

And I have an install file called "bar.exe" (not packaged by me) which opens up a series of unknown child processes. Is there a function that I can run on "foo.exe" that will tell me that "bar.exe" and its subsequent child process are all childs of "foo.exe".

Or inversely, is it possible to obtain the list of all parent processes given I know one of the child processes of "bar.exe"?

I was looking at the software "Sysinternals Process Explorer" however there doesn't look like a way I can automate it via the command line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

I need this too, but I want only one process tree of one process. Isn't there some function in autoit to see child processes of a process with some PID? It would be easier, then somehow parsing output from pslist...

Hmm maybe I will not need this - I use runwait("taskkill.exe /t /f /pid "&$pid) which kills process tree.

Edited by LoWang