WinMX - Its just NOT getting the window text.

Excalibur

I have been tinkering with this off and on, mostly off, for about 2 or 3 months... i always kinda figured im just missing something, go back to it later... but... iv tried just about everything. I am running this program called WinMX, its a peer 2 peer application. I wanted to make a chat room logger. I can grab and send and read text from the box that you type to the room in, but no matter what I do, or how i do it, i CANNOT get the rooms text. This is what i get from Window Info when I click on that portion of the window:

Press CTRL-ALT-F to pause the display.

Press CTRL-ALT-F to pause the display.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Title: Bobs room_0100007F821A on WinMX Peer Network

Class: Afx:400000:b:10011:0:0

Size: X: 0 Y: 93 W: 1280 H: 903

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<

Screen: X: 505 Y: 579

Cursor ID: 2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

RGB: Hex: 0x000000 Dec: 0

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

Size: X: 1 Y: 38 W: 1006 H: 797

Control ID: 1500

ClassNameNN: Afx:400000:b:10011:0:01

Text:

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

Commands

Exit Channel

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

and i have tried so many things, im not going to even begin listing them. here is just the latest version of my program.

$run = 1

HotKeySet("^d", "Tag")

;AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)

AutoItSetOption("WinSearchChildren", 1)

While $run = 1

Sleep(10)

WEnd

Func Tag()

;$title = WinGetTitle("CLASSNAME=Afx:400000:b:10011:0:0")

;$currtext = ControlGetText($title,"", "ControlID=1500")

;$text = ControlGetText("Bobs ", "","CLASSNAME=Afx:400000:b:10011:0:01")

ControlShow("Bobs ", "", "1500")

$text = ControlGetText("Bobs ", "","1500")

MsgBox(0, "Window Text:", $text)

;MsgBox(0, "Windows Current Text:", $currtext)

EndFunc

as you can see from the code, i have tried a few things, and thats not even all of them. Any help would be great. I do think the only way you are going to be able to figure this out is if you download winmx yourself. Its small and spyware free and all that. just logon, secondary connection and click on the chat button. you should be able to enter a room, any room will do. NOTE: you have to undock the chat room from the main winmx window before you get the values of the objects of that window, or you will find out (took me months to figure this out) for some reason, Window Info picks up objects behind the chat room pane, i believe on the network pane. the Dock and unDock buttons are on the bottom right, under the "Exit Channel Button" there will be a lil tab that says Undock. Any questions what so ever, please feel free to ask, I can probably answer them. I know WinMX almost like the back of my hand.

Ooo Ëxçã¿îbúr ooO"Information Is Not Knowledge." ~Albert Einstein

I'm afraid that if AutoIt Window Info has trouble reading the text of a control, then you're out of luck doing it programmatically with AutoIt.

There's always the option of sending some keys or Windows messages to copy the content of the control to the clipboard. Would that work well enough for you?

hmm... that doesnt seem to work, and actually, when i try to send thigns to the chat window control, it REALLY messes up the WinMX application, you cant click on any buttons or use the scroll bar at all, you have to restart the entire application.

Ooo Ëxçã¿îbúr ooO"Information Is Not Knowledge." ~Albert Einstein