automate installation for software / deply

instinct0224

Hello there,

I need some help, i'm a beginner on this auto IT scripting but I do know some coding. I'm stuck. I'm able to go thru the installation but i'm using the below code, i'm copying all the files needed from server to C:temp FOLDER..:

; Run Cash
Run("C:tempCashCASH Suite 3.8 (Build 146) Setup.exe")

WinWaitActive("Financial Tools' CASH Software Program  - InstallAware Wizard", "&Next")
Send("{Enter}")

WinWaitActive("Financial Tools' CASH Software Program - InstallAware Wizard", "&Next")
Send("{Enter}")

WinWaitActive("Financial Tools' CASH Software Program  - InstallAware Wizard", "Browse...")
Send("C:Program FilesCASH")
Send("{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}")
Send("srvcash01CASH")
Send("{Enter}")
Send("{Enter}")

WinWaitActive("Financial Tools' CASH Software Program  - InstallAware Wizard", "Bro&wse...")
Send("serverpathUpdate")
Send("{Enter}")
Send("{Enter}")

I ran the autoit.exe everythings works like a champ. BUT, at the end it stops on "Finish" Window. I'm guessing if I click enter again it's going to cancel the installation cause there is a cancel button while loading. So I need some help on how to wait for the window finish to show up and then click finish when the windows shows up

I notice this code:

Window = "Window Name"

Window                                                                                                    Window

Do             $Finish = ControlGetHandle("Setup", "Finish", 1)             Sleep(100) Until $Finish <> "" ControlClick("Setup", "Finish", 1)

can this code work for me...or I need to add another a function in there...need some help getting to the right direction..

2nd questions? Using PDQ Deploy for automate installation under admin profile...

this is what i'm using:

start C:tempCashCashAuto.exe

but it doesn't run when trying to deploy it with PDQ but when I double click under admin sure it works like a champ. Is there some /silent /quiet /verifysilent that I need to add in there...Let me know..this will help a lot..

If you think what i'm using is not the way to run this let me know and i'll look into it and i'll find a better way and more functional to run this...Any help is appreciated..But yes I need some help on how to run those two things for now...

Thank you..
Edited by instinct0224

• Moderators

If you do any searching on the forum for installation scripts you will find the first question asked is always the same - does this installation support silent switches? As many installation packages now support silent install, this is always a better route than trying to automate the GUI.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Yes, we do not have any .msi for this software...to answer your questions I don't think it supports any switches...I tried  in cmd app.exe /? /help --help I tried running in //app.exe /silent /quiet /verisilent /qn...all it does it starts the application. I looked up on how .exe to .msi but just using a script to fill in when needed should be better...I THINK...do you have a link of the last part that I am asking??? Wait until the finish window pops up and click on finish button...then using pdq to deploy..

• Moderators

I don't use PDQ, but for waiting on the window, you would simply use WinWait like so:

WinWait("Window Name", "")

What you do then depends on the window. I would suggest using the AutoIt Window Info Tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt) on the window in question. If you can get a Control ID from the window, you can use ControlClick, i.e.:

Local $hWnd = WinWait("Window Name", "")
ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Button1")

If you are unable to get a control id, you may have to resort to Send:

Local $hWnd = WinWait("Window Name", "")
WinActivate($hWnd, "")
Send("{ENTER}")

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

So, I gave it a try and I made it work...just wait for the finish window and click enter..or click on finish box.. easy enough, but now when I deploy it using pdq deploy it kinds of get stuck...so what I do is copy all the files to the local computer after that's done run the auto it script and it will autonomate the installation. But i'm thinking is getting stuck on the running of the .exe of autoit...so I get a failed. I'm using the administrator account to install the software. tats where i'm stuck running it with pdq deploy which the admin account authenticates but does not run...

When using PDQ Deploy Pro, you cannot interact with a process window on a user's desktop unless you set a few conditions for your install steps in the package.  If a process requires admin right, a user with admin rights must be logged in.  For your installer step in your package, select the Conditions tab, select "Only run if a user is logged on" for the "Logged On State" ComboBox, then select the Options tab, and check "Run as Logged On User."  

Also, here are the command line switches for InstallAware.  

Adam