Need a way to identify if the script running in sandbox mode.

Hello,

I need a way to identify if the script running in sandbox mode.

how can i do it?

Do not worry, it is not for virus..

I just want that my program will show a Warning Message to the user which says that the software/script might not work properly because it running in sandbox mode...

I do not know a way how to do it ..
If I had a way in my head, I would write a function for it.

any ideas?

Thanks for helpers!

Does Windows have a sandbox mode?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Does Windows have a sandbox mode?

i don't know but i have the anti-virus COMODO and this anti-virus have sandbox option.

i need a way to identify sandbox of every anti-virus or tools for sandbox

Don't use COMODO. Sorry.

PS. Why do you care?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

DjForfun,

The window text is 0, in a string that contains zero and not the integral 0?

UDF List:

It's the same for Sandboxie and I what I would expect.

UDF List:

Maybe you can check the username who runs the script.

If the script is running in sandboxie, the username is an "ANONYMOUS LOGON" :

If _ProcessUser(@AutoItPID) <> @UserName Then MsgBox(0, "", "Running in sandboxie context")

Func _ProcessUser($iPid)
    Local Const $wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
    Local Const $wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
    Local $userName = ""

Local $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts://./root/cimv2")
    Local $colPID = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process Where ProcessID ='" & $iPid & "'", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)
    For $objPID In $colPID
        If $objPID.ProcessID = $iPid Then
            $objPID.GetOwner($userName)
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next

Return $userName

EndFunc
Edited by jguinch

For my own programs, I usually use a tooltip.

They don't stop the program and they're off in the corner where it doesn't annoy me.

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ToolTip.htm

And that determines if script is running in sandbox?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Sori,

I think you misunderstood the question asked by the OP.

UDF List:

Is there actually a per-designated mode called sandbox?
I was thinking something that was programmed by yourself, like you would set your own boolean to determine that the program is in sandbox mode, and in that situation, you would use a toolbox.

I.E.

If $sandboxMode = 1 then

tooltip( blah blah blah)

endIf

Edited by Sori

If you need help with your stuff, feel free to get me on my Skype.

I often get bored and enjoy helping with projects.

Don't use COMODO. Sorry.

PS. Why do you care?

When the problem occurs to the user and the problem is because of the reason that the software running in sandbox

mode, it will better inform directly the user what is causing the problem. that way the user will know how to fix the problem without having to request support.

Also, I want that in such a scenario, the user will not be able to send me a bug report.

This is important. I do not want to receive bug reports because the software running in sandbox.

I found that this is very important..

i will test what got here here..

Thanks.

I wish someone would write a function specifically for this(identify if the script running in sandbox mode or not).
Edited by Guest

I wish someone would write a function specifically for this(identify if the script running in sandbox mode or not).

So do the work for you?

I wouldn't worry about it, because with what you're probably creating in AutoIt isn't going to make a difference if it's in a sandbox ot not. I once used Visual Studio 2012 in Sandboxie and that worked fine.

UDF List:

So do the work for you?

no.

in the first post i worte "any ideas?".

I meant that need to get an idea of ​​how to do it and not a code for this.

But anyway I still would love if someone will "do the work for me"
Edited by Guest

I am getting mixed signals. Anyway, if you can provide me with a reproducer that explicitly shows code you're using is affected when in "Sandbox mode" then I will reserve the right to take back my comment before.

UDF List: