Get back old default icon for AutoIt-created .EXE's?

Go to solution Solved by orbs,

• Solution

AutoIt icons can be found in the surprisingly named "Icons" folder in the AutoIt installation directory, commonly "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\".

use the wrapper directive #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add= to add the icon of your choice. this is explained in SciTe help.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

that would require adding something to every script.

that is correct. this is not too hard though, with a utility that enables you to search & replace in multiple files, like SciTe Jump, or even from inside SciTe for all scripts currently open in SciTe, as discussed here:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Spoiler

UDF:

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

Apps:

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

• Moderators

Or, you could learn to code properly, and add your own meaningful icons to your scripts. It is, after all, only a single line.  ;)

#pragma Compile(Icon, <Filename>)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I thought i had virus or something.

Why would anyone decide to change it ?

Speaking of icons, i have this #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=filename.ico in my script but icon is not included.

Previous version of autoit had no problems with this but latest does.

I tried to give full path to icon file but no help.

I tried to give quotes to path "path" but no help

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Iconsau3.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Iconsfiletype1.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Iconsfiletype2.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Iconsfiletype3.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3Iconsfiletype-blank.ico

As from help file does not work. Explorer finds each file but autoit does not add it to my script icons.

Any ideas ?

Edited by tonycst

Speaking of icons, i have this #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=filename.ico in my script but icon is not included.

It actually does pack the icon file into the EXE, it just doesn't set it as the EXE's icon.

Both of these make it the EXE's icon:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=filename.ico
#pragma Compile(Icon, filename.ico)

No no no no, you dont get it. My script includes MANY icons, not just one.

Assigning icon to compiled script is one thing, but later autoit releases somehow do not include my icons into file anymore.

Maybe they do and hide them, because when i create shortcut to my compiled file and change shortcut icon by picking my compiled script, i only see default autoit icons but none of my 10 custom icons to pick from.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=icon.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=..Autodesk Loader.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSource3dsmax.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourceautocad.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcecombustion.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcecomposite.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourceimagemodeler.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcematchmover.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcemaya.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcemudbox.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcestitcher.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSource3dsmax.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourceautocad.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcecombustion.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcecomposite.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourceimagemodeler.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcematchmover.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcemaya.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcemudbox.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=P:Autoit projectsLoadersAutodesk LoaderSourcestitcher.ico
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

None of those icons are shown, only one that i pick to be compiled script icon as well as autoit default + icon, thats it.

this directive will add icon to be the main icon as displayed by Windows (which is what you ask?)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=

this directive will add additional icons for internal use:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps:

to ORBS: (which is what you ask?)

No thats not what i ask.

to AdmiralAlkex:

Yes i have it

!>14:18:07 Error: Failed to get script data from end of target file.  Skipping resource update.rc:2

I dont normally compile from the editor, i usually right click and select compile with options, so i didnt know this error was there.

No matter how i compile it, from the editor or not, x64 or x86, extra icons are not included.

Edited by tonycst