how to make my script finding an specific checkbox?

Hi,

Is it possible to find an specific checkbox in an screen region or in a active windows?

if it is, wich function I have to use?

Best Regards,

AutomateLover

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Hi AutomateLover,

It depends what you mean by "find" and what information you already know about the control.  If you already know the control handle, this is easy.  If you know its relative xy position in the window, it can also be done.  Otherwise things get a little trickier.  However, in order to help you, we'll need a little more information about what it is you're trying to achieve, what you have tried so far, etc.

Help us to help you :)

Rgds,

Val.

Hi AutomateLover,

It depends what you mean by "find"

well, I am refering to the Find function used into Java scripts wich i most of the times used on another script maker called: "Sikuli"

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

since the function name of "Find" is different I don't know at all wich function does the same. I'll give an example of what I was doing when i used Find function on sikuli.

Example: Find autoitv3.exe

if exists

then: run autoitv3.exe

else: exit(1)

regards,

AutomateLover

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Hi AutomateLover,

I'm sorry, that doesn't really answer my question.  I'm trying to ascertain what you already know about the checkbox control in order to be able to find it.  What information do you already have?

Rgds,

Val.

Edited by Valiante

• Moderators

This:

Example: Find autoitv3.exe

if exists

then: run autoitv3.exe

else: exit(1)

would be something like this:

If FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\autoitv3.exe") Then
    Run("autoitv3.exe")
Else
    SetError(1, 1)
EndIf

But I do not see what this has to do with finding a checkbox? Please spell out exactly what you are trying to do, including the application you're trying to find the checkbox in.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Well, sorry i explained pretty much outside of the subject... by the way I want to find to find an specific checkbox ( with x,y position ) and verify if it is checked or not, if not then check it then continue next line.

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

I'm really not an fan of Silent tasks because I want to see at ANYTIME the progress since I really want to make the script act like an human because i'll make several scripts for most of my repetitive tasks I'm doing everydays.

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas